Over the past month or so I've started getting these random, sudden sharp shooting pains. They only last for about a second and they happen simultaneously in my head and my chest. Sometimes they happen twice a day, other times they happen twice a week. It hurts enough that I have to stop what I'm doing and blink and take a deep breath but then just like that it's gone within about a second. Has anybody else had this problem/do you have any ideas what it could be? I'm a 17 year old female. It's never happened before and I've tried keeping track of the circumstances in which it happens but it's always very random, which is the main reason it kind of is starting to concern me. Any ideas/advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Im also 17 and having the same problems right now. only they are every couple of minutes but the same symptoms as the ones you have described... :-(

I am a 25 year old male and I have the exact same thing. Mine is concentrated on the right side of my head and chest. Is it the same with you?

I have had the same experience ever since I can remeber. The pain I experience is simultaneous on the side of my breast and the inside of my hip. It used to be infrequent and not too painful, but in the last year the pain sometimes occurs several times a day and has become worse. I've never asked a doctor about it.

ive just started getting this on the right side of my chest through to my head. any ideas atall???

Hi have this also, for over a year now! I have told my doctor repeatedly and she orders blood tests but everything always comes back normal except for my iron level (im anemic).  I think im gonna start taking my iron pills and let u guys know. also i am havin an mri done on my head tomorrow, im sooo scared pray for me.

Have you found a solution?

It is an anxiety attack.
I went to several cardiologists before one took the time to listen to All of my symptoms and my surroundings when these symptoms occured.
You can have such a severe anxiety attack that instead of heavy breathing or feel of panic, you get an actual stressed body response where your nerves freak out and cause pain from your chest to your head.
It feels like a heart attack.

I am a 61 yo male and have had sharp shooting pains in the past but only one or the other at a time, never both at same time......until now. I woke up this morning, and as soon as I sat up, I had an instant pain in my chest that shot to my head and was so painful I had to sit back and try to relax. It lasted about 5-10 seconds. This has never happened before and I can only pray it doesn't happen again. My first thought was, "I'm having a stroke", but I don't know the symptoms of a stoke so I will need to read up on that. But is was very worrysome to say the least. Anyone know anything about these. I would appreciate any comments....thanks

How'd everything go? A year later but I stumbled on this post and pray things are well.

I'm 14 and the same thing is happening to me right now and i'm starting freak out because i don't know whats wrong or happening.

I keep getting this and it's not going at all extremely sharp that I have to stop what I'm doing is this normal

I've had this since I was a child and it's horrible. simultaneous sudden stabbing pain in head in my chest under my breast. It knocks me for six every time and I need to stop everything and just take a deep breath and ride it out. I've asked the doctors about this several times and they can never give me an answer and weren't really willing to test me for anything because it lasts a few seconds and isn't caused by an obvious trigger. My aunt is a retired GP and she suggested an intercostal spasm. which makes sense but doesn't explain the headache. Good luck.

this just started happening to me, too. it's a sharp pain in the middle/back of my head and the middle of my chest.

Just chiming in to say this happens to me too. I've never found anything on the internet about it, but just stumbled across this page while searching as it's just happened again. Have had it for years. Noticed that nobody mentioned that they notice it's related to inhaling. For me, I'm unable to take a deep breath until it passes. Each inhalation causes the pain.