I am a 21 year old female that just gave birth about 4 monthes ago. In the second month after ging birth I had a sevre attack of sharp pains in my upper and lower stomach. It hurt to the point I didnt want to talk or breath. It lasted about as hour or two then went away. I didnt think two much of it since it went away. A few weeks later the pain came back but not as long or intense as before. I figured maybe it had something to do with my body healing from the birth (which was natural). I didnt think much of it again until it came back to stay. For the past two weeks or so I have been having a steady sharp pain mostly in my lower left side of my stomach. It also shoots down my leg sometimes. I have been feeling very hungery and weak even after i ate a huge meal. I also have been really gassy. I couldnt take it anymore so I went to the ER. They did blood work,urine testing and even a pelvic exam, because my pain was so low. Nothing came back what so ever. They ran a pregnacy test it came back negaitve, though it might be two soon to tell. I really dont think its that though because the pain are so intense. I really need help and I am hoping someone might know whats happing to me
thank you

you need to go to an internist. they will probably do an ultrasound and an upper and/or lower GI...... probably a stomach virus. they will also check your bowel movements.

This past June I took a home pregnancy test that turned up positive. I immediatly made an app with my doctor. He ran a blood test to confirm the pregnancy and perscribed some prenatal vitamins. The following weekend I started having severe pains on my right side. It hurt so bad that I was dubbled over in the floor when my b/f got home. By the time we made it to the hospital the pain was shooting down my right leg leaving my foot numb, and I had a large amount of vaginal bleeding. The er doctor did an ultrasound and checked my hcg levels. He couldn't find the baby and my levels were declining. He sent me home saying that I had had a misscarriage. Around 2 weeks later the bleeding had pretty much stopped but the pain was almost unbarrable. I went back to see my doctor. He admitted me for overnight observation, did a transvaginal ultrasound, and found that the pregnancy was ectopic ( in my right ovarian tube) and my right ovary was the size of a large grape fruit. I was taken to emergency surgery and was bleeding internally. I now have one good ovary on my left side. My left tube was damaged from all of the trama. The doctors said that it is a miracle that I'm alive. There's no guarantee that I will ever be able to get pregnant again. I urge you to see your doctor as soon as possible, and if you feel that something isn't right don't give up until you're completely sure what's going on.