For the last 2 weeks I have ben having some rather strange symptoms. I am a 32 year old male. No medical conditions. for the past 2 weeks, I have started feeling a strange sensation in my stomach area. It's not really painful (1/10), its more like an uncomfortable irritation (tenderness?). Almost like pins and needles, but not quite that (hard to describe this 'pain'). Its kind of like sharp pressure pain, and focuses on random, small areas of my abdomen. Sometimes i dont feel it all, other times, it just kind of comes up, then goes away. It started near my bellybutton and now i can feel it in a few places like: about 3 inches to the left and right of belly button, upper abdomen, sometimes bellow navel area. its really quite random, and sometimes I can also feel like almost an itchy/burning sensation, which I cant figure out if it is on the skin, or beneath it. But the uncomfortable irritation is definetly under the skin (maybe on the abdominal wall?). I have had an ultrasound done, but the wall shows no hernias or anything. I've also been having a change in bowel movements (used to go twice a day, lately just once, and less stools). I got an xray done about 10 days ago, and the only thing the doctor said was I have alot of stool in my intestines and told me to take a laxative. It sort of helped with the constipation, but not much.

Today I went to the doctor because I woke up with intense cramps, likely due to the constipation. He gave me sodium phosphates cleanser and emptied out my system and got diarrhea for a few hours. Now, I am sitting here, and although the cramps stopped shortly after they came, the irritation/pain/tenderness is more than before. before i had to almost notice it, and now I can't miss it. Its still not really painful (like 1.5/10)...its just something that is there, and its annoying and has gotten me worried about what it could be. I noticed that when I bend over, I can feel it a little more, but at other times, it comes on when i am completely still. Also, my stomach has been growling for a few days quite a bit (even after eating). does anyone know what could be causing this strange problem? Could it be feces in my intestines, or could it be gas? Doctors are not sure, and want me to wait it out. So...in conclusion; random pains around my abdominal area, they are sharp and focused on one little area at a time, come at random times, but more often if I bend over or pick up a heavy object, and sometimes I feel an itchy/burning sensation on my stomach. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sorry I just ran across your post just today.

Did you ever figure out what the cause of your discomfort? Has it went away?

Diane :-)

Hey, did you ever find any answers? I am going through what sound like the same thing, except my pain is more of an 8 and I started noticing when I hadnt gone to the bathroom in almost 9 days. I have had all kinds of test done, ultra sound to gall bladder, apparently everything is clear other than benign tumors on my liver. ANy info youve been given would be appreciated :)

Rob - 

I have very similar symptoms, and it's been about a month since they started. I have been to the doctor twice, had the hernia checks, full blood work and urinalysis, and nothing came back to indicate anything.

My doctor things I may have just strained myself exercising, and that, depending on the strain, it could take 1-3 months to fully heal. I also have the growling stomach you mention, but the pain has never gotten bad. Can't even really call it pain. It's more like a pinching or pulling sensation. So hard to describe and obviously not on the doctor's radar.

If you have any updates, please share them. This is driving me crazy.

So i have the same symptoms since january that i done a blood test and everything was fine than they went away untill last month when they came back for 1 week i did bloodwork again and nothing except the white blood cells were 10.4 than they went away and now 4 days ago appeared again... Pls help!!!

i had these exact symptoms in february and july of last year and the doctor said the same thing. This past feb. It had gotten so bad I was taken to the hospital and had a lot of tests done. They took out my appendix to test to see if that's what it was and found it was a little inflamed. I haven't had any problems since.

It might be intestinal abcess...which has to be treated very carefully.i guess you'll get ot know in a few days...it is risky disorder and takes a lot of cooperation and great care from yourself...see..it is a disorder which cannot be diagnosed through conventional scanning examinations..so i am suggesting this might be your problem..however we are completely not sure..

Have you looked into Crohn's?

Hi
i would have your doctor look into IBS,ulcers(burning sensation would then be explained) or h. Pylori(60 percent of all Americans have this and don't even know it nor have symptoms) gastritis; swelling of the stomach lining , changes in BMs .. i could go on and on with all the possibilities that could be causes your symptoms but in not a Dr so make an appointment!

Hey robsmith i have had the same problem it mostly hurts when i move its very very tender , its probably that you have pulled all your abs or teared them this will take 1-4 weeks to repaire its self , try not to do any exersise that will pull or your somache area , watch this video and if you dont have a an exersize ball use any ball it dont matter

***Post is edited by moderator *** Web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

hope i helped ( At least someone ) xd

Hi I have the same problem for the past 6 weeks. It was started on left part and moves to my right. Its hard to explain, it`s really painful but its something like a needle sharp hurt on my right side of stomach that come and go. I finished my abdonminal and vaginal xray last month its all clear. I have my schedule on Thursday for colosnocopy.  I`m really worried about this pain.. pls help.

Hello everyone,

That sort of needle like pains could be bugs.. either bacterias, worms or parasites, I was very unfortunate to get infected with Entamoeba Histolytica.  It is a nasty parasite that causes me this same type of pain and also gurgling and some gas.  If I were you I would get stool tests and not just one because it takes several stool tests for the parasites to show.  It is always better to look for specialists in gastroenterology or even better to visit cliinics specialised in parasites.  The test for parasites is not the same normal stool test.  It is called Ova tests.  I have battled with my parasites for years and have been treated several times without success of erradicating them.. I don't know if I will ever succeed but I am still trying to kill them all.

Hope this helps.

Just had this start yesterday but doesn't feel like stomach / intestines.  Pinching pain just under the skin in same area and randomly grabs causing me to stop in my tracks.   Prefer not to go to doctor if just a muscle pull, sounds like they don't have a clue anyway.   Pinching spasm just now and had to lie down before I passed out.  

i also have had them symptoms as well as sickness,put off apatite,bloating of the stomach,and all ways sleepy,but my pain was much more tense and painful, i went to see my GP/doctor and he examined me, He told me it was gastritis! this is Inflammation of the lining of the stomach! ouch but the medicine he gave me (pep tac) wasn't working for about,3 weeks later i went back and he took tests and sound out it was irritable bowels witch is also pain full so now 2 weeks later i am back on my feet without any pain and getting on with my life hope iv helped?? <3

God, exactly what I have.....growling stomach for months....and now this burning sensation through out the day, don't feel like eating anything. Lost my appetite, though I have a very active life style.

Also when this growling sounds in my abdomen started (still continue) especially after eating/drinking anything, I had some crazy constipation for which I took laxatives to correct immediately otherwise it was sudden and complete stoppage and afterwards I started "extreme" care in increasing my fiber count (though I have never been a bad eater in years, fiber was always very consciously part and parcel of what I ate)

Any updates, any of you guys! whats the cause!