I'm a 19yo female. I am active and have an incredibly healthy diet and lifestyle. I have been recently diagnosed with H.Pylori after 7 months of symptoms such as bloating 24/7, bad nausea, constipation, anxiety/depression, stomach cramping, GAS and belching, fatigue and tiredness ALL THE TIME....

I tried test after test and saw doctor after doctor and with no results finally went to a homeopath. I first tried many dietary changed to rule out possible food intolerance (I stayed off dairy, gluten, corn etc) and to no avail, my homeopathic doctor finally decided to do a candida test (which turned out negative) and a h.pylori test which was positive. I am on antibiotics at the moment and hoping that they will clear everything up.

If you have had similar symptoms to mine above I would recommend following these steps:

1. FIRST THING TO DO. Cut dairy and gluten (wheat, barley, oats and rye) from your diet. As you begin to go for testing, and receive no results from any tests, but do begin to feel better, you may have a food intolerance. The best way to confirm food intolerances (no the testing will not show any truth, I believe) is by following a strict elimination diet of the suspected food item. You will need to be off gluten for about 2 weeks (minimum) to begin noticing a change.

2. Right away, see a gastroenterologist or internist and have a CBC, test for iron levels, thyroid function, hypoglycemia (blood glucose levels)....AND ASK (you will HAVE to ask) for a TEST FOR H.PYLORI and a test for CANDIDA (yeast overgrowth).

3. If no results, return to the doctor and ask to have a colonoscopy/endoscopy to make sure that it is not a functional problem of the colon/digestive tract that you are having. While he is doing the endoscopy have them take a villi sample and test for celiac's disease (they can still test for this for up to 2 years even after you have eliminated gluten).

4. Hopefully you will have found some results by now and if not, DO NOT be forced take traditional medication simply to treat symptoms. There is an underlying CAUSE of these symptoms and you want to treat the CAUSE. My advice would be to see an alternative medical doctor or homeopath to lead you further in the right direction.

I was feeling absolutely MISERABLE for 7 months, experienced extreme frustration often and would get really depressed at the thought that nothing I was doing was making me feel better and that we may never find what was making me feel so bad. BUT with perserverance, a strong supportive mother and family, and the determination to feel good once again hopefully this will put an end to all of this. My advice: persistance, patience and positivity. Good luck to all!

Sam, can I ask which set of antibiotics you tried for the Pylori? I've had it for years now, tried to get rid of it about 4 times with no success. The meds tended to be so strong that I couldnt make it through them properly.

Right now Im seeing a homeopathic dr who's trying to help get rid of the pylori, but I have very little belief in some of that kind of stuff. Im probably going to have to try the big guns again soon, cause my stomach is a giant mess these days. Everything I've been trying from the 'natural end' doesnt help much. I'd like to hear what you took to battle the pylori. I know there's a few options. Thank you!

Sb <--pretty much has acid, bloating around the clock

Hey Sam, I'm Kyle
I experience the same problems as yours for 4 months and I am already so depressed. I am H.pylori positive and is under the second course of antibiotics since the first one did not work. However, when I read this, I know I'm not the only one who have it. In addition to your symptoms, I also have weight loss and sometimes breath shortness.

I appreciate it.

I feel your pains. I ignored the telltale signs and symptoms and just blamed it on eating the wrong things however I noticed it repeatedly even if I stuck to a normal diet. I'm planning to see a doc for a test and hopefully be on meds asap. I hate this depression and nauseous feeling that I'm having around the clock :-( . Any natural at home ways to help if not make it better for the mean time? Thanks

Hi All

I am ready for third course of antibiotics. Strangely, i didnt appear to have symptons at all. i simply in a check up asked the doctor to test me for it, post reading an article about it in magazine.

However, i do have the bloating and gas now -possibly diary is the culprit.

Just want advice, does the bacteria make it difficult to lose weight? I am aso perimenopausal.
Thanks

Hey Sam,

Can you update us on how you feel now after the eradication of H. Pylori? Are you back in vibrant health? Do you worry about the risk of gastric cancer and are you establishing any routine follow-up for that?

Thanks in advance.

I too had bloating, constipation, anxiety, confusion, sweats, heartburn etc and went to 4-5 different visits to various docs and specialists and bought all kinds of vitamins and herbs and spent my days at work trying to work and then reading google to diagnose my issue that no doc could even do. all they wanted to do was endo and colonoscopies and just keep milking my pocket and finally my new family doc did a h pylori test and it was positive so just today i started the TRIPLE THREAT COMBO of augmentin 875 twice a day Clarithromycin 500 mg twice a day and omeprazole 20mg twice a day and all this for 10 days and they said it should get rid of it...just to let you guys know ive been dealing with this as well for aprox 8 months and im an investment broker out of Charlotte NC so you can imagine how it has taken a toll on my mind and body and trying to crunch numbers and talk to clients about their wealth has been zero least to say but hopefully this will help me out and i will contact you guys back soon and ill leave my email if someone wants to discuss this as i know first hand all about it and what it has done physically and mentally to me..

my name is mike and this is my email 

***Post is edited by moderator *** Private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

get well soon guys

thanks for reading

Hi mike I’m dealing with a lot of the same symptoms. Could we talk?