Hello, I am 32 years old and I have two kids (and we are not planning more). This means that I am using contraception and lately it was foam. Still, I somehow feel insecure with it and I will perhaps switch to diaphragm. Anyway, I would like to know if contraceptive foam should be used with the diaphragm?

Hmm, to be honest, I am not sure, although I think my wife once mentioned that those two simply should not be combined. I am not sure why, but that’s what she said. Honestly, I find all those things too complicated meaning that we prefer condoms to any other contraception. It provides almost 100 percent of safety in any possible way.

dear Yvette I am 35 years old and have been using a diaphragm for many years. I have used contraceptive foam, contraceptive jelly and cream, and contragel with it and they all have all have worked for me. if you use a wide-seal milex diaphragm you can put a lot more on the inside of it to give you more protection.

yes you certainly use foam with your diaphragm, also after inserting it you can also put some foam in your vagina. the only problem I see is that you may be leaking a little more than usual , but after pulling your diaphragm out in the morning douching will take care of that.

use it with your diaphragm during your fertile days of the month which should be around 6 leaving your self extra protection. but I would still put some contraceptive jelly on the inside of it like you usually do. this has worked for my husband and myself for over 12 years.