I had excruciating pain in my upper left (#15) tooth for a month before I decided it was cheapest to get it extracted instead of root canal. I went to the dentist today, and I'm 22 weeks pregnant. They numbed the inside of my cheek and gum before they even administered the shots to numb my gums, so the numbing process works well and if you can feel cold, hot water anything- they'll give you more anesthetic on your gums. However, you will be awake the entire procedure & you'll need to try to get extractions and root canals done your second trimester because it is deemed "safest". I felt A LOT of pressure, but of course mine was lodged in pretty well and didn't want to come loose- I got through it. Just taking Tylenol extra strength. They gave me 16 lortabs 5mg but I haven't went to those yet,I'm just going to try Tylenol pm. It's definitely worth it- do not keep suffering because your little one is suffering as well. Pain associated with your teeth is horrible so definitely get an appt scheduled- tell them your pregnant and get the best possible solution done! Take care everybody!

Thank you! Makes me feel much better. I'm nearing 7 months pregnant now and keep putting it off, but I'm going to make appt tomorrow. Thanks for stories!