Hi, good people. I have a problem. I have been diagnosed with periodontitis. My dentist has said to me. I wonder whether it is necessary to go to surgery. I really don’t know what to do. Perhaps, some of you could help me with a good advice. I would really appreciate that. Thanks.

Hello. Well, I don’t know how serious your condition is. There are other treatment options. If the condition is mild, dentists can give only antibiotics. Some recommend rinsing with them. Scaling can be also helpful. It cleanses tartar and bacteria. However, if your condition is more serious, you should consider surgery. There are several methods. Some of them are: flap surgery, soft tissue grafts, guided tissue regeneration and bone grafting. Talk to your dentist and see what he recommends.

word of advice, if your gum disease isn't bad YET, you might want to consider going ahead and having whatever needs to be done before it gets worse. Then, surgery will be more painful and have to be done on more areas, which, makes the recovery period extremely hard and painful.