Hi. I`m having a vision problems, as being nearsighted. I was thinking about Lasik, but I`m pregnant and not sure if that could be some problem for having a procedure done. Is there anybody who could tell me more about Lasik and pregnancy?

Hi, my sister was pregnant and she couldn`t have a Lasik procedure done. Nothing bad can`t happen to your baby but the result could be non-expected. Your refraction could change because of hormonal changes that you`re going through as being pregnant. There is a possibility that hormonal changes will cause your prescription to become unstable. Not likely, but your response to the Lasik treatment could be different than expected. This goes for the period after pregnancy, too. You can`t go for Lasik while nursing your baby. Better try a few months after you have completed nursing.

Hi there,
If I am not mistaking you are not able to have this procedure if you are pregnant or if you are nursing. You have to understand that this might have negative effects on your unborn child and that you need to wait at least two months after you stopped nursing. You have to know that your produce many hormones while you are pregnant and these hormones might interfere with the procedure. You have to know that some medication that you use after the procedure might also interfere with your pregnancy. My advice is that you wait for the surgery after the delivery and nursing process. I hope this helped you in any way.

All the best,
Danella