Hi. I have a problem with my eyes, thick corneas, to be more precise. I heard from a friend about Lasik eye surgeries and still not sure what to do. So, I was wondering could anybody with Lasik experience tell me something about Lasik pros and cons? I`m 32 years old.

Hi. Lasik is a recent laser eye surgery technique (FDA approved since 1998). Well, here are some Lasik pros and cons... To start with pros – the doctors will lead you through some tests to see if you are a good candidate for eye surgery. The best benefit is that your sight will improve. Recovery time is very fast and you will SEE results immediately. The cons are: you might get permanent visual symptoms, for example glare, double vision, halos (if your eye condition is not diagnosed correctly). You can have dry eye syndrome. If you are farsighted, you will need glasses as years are passing by.