This could be caused by several things. I had three episodes this summer of extreme dizziness, vomiting (yellow, bitter substance) and extreme nausea. As soon as I vomited, the symptoms went away. After the last episode (accompanied by arm pain, tingling and numbness) I went to the ER and they said my potassium was low. Since starting potassium, I haven't had anymore problems, however, I saw the doctor last week and he thinks I have reflux. I suspect this could be the culprit as well. I am now on Prilosec. I haven't had the nausea, vomiting and dizziness, but I continue to have thick, excessive mucus that feels like I can't swallow and interrupts my sleep. Acutally, it drives me crazy! I would check with a gastroenterologist if I were you to see what is going on. Good luck!

i have the same problem if you are pregnate like this is what you have only pregnate people get it you should take a test 

Hyperemesis gravidarum (vomiting of pregnancy)

Introduction Vomiting is a symptom which may be related to pregnancy or may be a manifestation of some medical-surgical-gynaecological complications which can occur at any time during pregnancy. The vomiting is most of the time related to the pregnant state and is classified as simple vomiting of pregnancy (milder type) and hyperemesis gravidarum (severe type). Hyperemesis gravidarum is a severe type of vomiting of pregnancy which has got deleterious effect on the health of the mother and incapacitates her in day to day activities. There has been marked fall in the incidence during the last 30 years. Now the incidence is less than one in 1000 pregnancies. The reasons are better application of family planning knowledge which reduces the number of unplanned pregnancies, early visit to the antenatal clinic and the availability of potent antihistaminic and antiemetic drugs. What are the causes of hyperemesis gravidarum? It is mostly limited to the first trimester. It is more common in the first pregnancy, with a tendency to recur again in subsequent pregnancies. It has got a family history-mother and sisters also suffer from the same manifestation. It is more prevalent in hydatidiform mole and multiple pregnancies. It is more common in unplanned pregnancies but much less amongst illegitimate ones. What are the theories that explain hyperemesis gravidarum? Hormonal: Excess of chorionic gonadotrophin, proved by the frequency of vomiting at the peak level of HCG and also the increased association with hydatidiform mole or multiple pregnancy when the HCG titer is very much raised. Psychogenic: It probably aggravates the nausea once it begins. Dietetic deficiency: Probably due to low carbohydrate reserve, as it happens after a night without food. Deficiency of vitamin B6, Vitamin B1 and proteins may be the effects rather than the cause. Allergic: May be related to some products secreted from the ovum Immunological basis. What are the symptoms in the patient with hyperemesis gravidarum? Hyperemesis gravidarum usually occurs in the first pregnancy and in the early months of pregnancy. The onset is insidious. Early stage (only the activities are limited without evidence of dehydration or starvation) Vomiting occurs independent of food, spread throughout the day and everything taken in is rejected. The vomiting consists of bile stained fluid or only food. Normal activities are curtailed. Nutrition of the mother is good. On examination, she looks well and no abnormality is detected Blood investigations and urine analysis is normal Late stage( Evidences of dehydration and starvation are present) Vomiting is increased in amount and in frequency. Retching and nausea persist in between vomiting. The vomitus may be coffee ground or even contain blood. Urinary quantity is diminished Constipation, at times diarrhea. Epigastric pain The patient is confined to bed Mental apathy, restlessness, sleeplessness, convulsion or even coma. Mental confusion with loss of memory to recent events Features of peripheral neuritis Eye complications- double vision, dimness of vision or even blindness Physical findings in a mother who is suffering form hyperemesis gravidarum Progressive emaciation with loss of weight Anxious look Eyes-sunken, apathetic and becoming dull Skin is lusterless and inelastic Tongue-dry, becoming brown, thickly coated or red and raw Teeth covered with sordes. Breath acetone smell Pulse is rapid (100-120 per minute) Low blood pressure Jaundice is a late feature Investigations to be done are: Urine analysis Routing blood investigations and Serum sodium and potassium. Eye check up to rule out retinal hemorrhage or detachment. Complications of hyperemesis gravidarum These are due to effects of dehydration and starvation with resulting ketoacidosis Wernicke's encephalopathy Peripheral Neuritis Korsakoff's psychosis Stress ulcers in stomach Jaundice Prevention of hyperemesis gravidarum The only prevention is to impart effective management to correct simple vomiting of pregnancy. Once the condition worsens, it is better to manage the patient in the hospital. Hospitalization: When a patient is stamped as a case of hyperemesis gravidarum, it is desirable to hospitalize the patient even in the early stage. Surprisingly, with the same diet and drugs used at home, the patient improves rapidly. The relatives may be too sympathetic or too indifferent. The mother should be cared by competent and tactful nurses. Fluids: Oral fluids are withheld for at least 24 hours after the vomiting stops. Fluid should be given intravenously during this period. Adequate sedation should be given. Antihistaminic and anti-emetic drugs like promethazine or prochlorperazine are used to control vomiting. Vitamins are used to prevent neuropathy. Hydrocortisone is used in cases of severe hypotension. Sympathetic caring of the patient is essential. Care of teeth, gums and oral hygiene is taken care. With these measures, the condition usually improves and patient is able to take oral feeds. Nowadays, following medical management, termination of pregnancy has become rare event in a case of hyperemesis gravidarum. The following are the indications for termination of pregnancy:Steady deterioration of the patient A rising pulse rate of 100/minute or more Increasing oliguria(reduction in the quantity of urine) Appearance of jaundice Appearance of neurological complications

Guest wrote:

i have the same symptoms but i also have real bad stomach pains to the point where i am brought to tears..... can't go to the bathroom or eat..... can someone help me

You may be low on potassium. It sometimes causes severe constipation, nausea, dizziness and vomiting. It can also cause muscle aches and tingling in extremeties. It could be reflux, but I am not sure about the bathroom/eating part.

Reflux and low potassium have similar symptoms. I have been going through this since May and was diagnosed with both. It's hard to say which is which. Started with constipation so severe that it resulted in a fissure. A month or so later, I was having severe dizzy spells, nausea and vomiting yellow bile. I would generally feel better after vomiting. Ater the 3rd episode, I developed pain in the left arm, tingling and aching in my hand...thought i was having a heart attack and went to the ER. Low potassium was the diagnosis. Saw an ENT after that for severe draninage that was so bad I could hardly swallow. He said it wasn't sinuses but reflux and stomach acid was causing the sinuses to be irritated, producing the excessive drainage. Hope this helps!

Well... Most people brush their teeth every morning.... I hope you don't just brush after you puke. Great way to word your run on sentence.

Hello, So the day after my period i got a pounding headache in the morning so i went back to sleep, i woke up around 11:30 and threw up a yellowish green liquid, every day since than i have been feeling like i'm going to throw up, i feel dizzy, and Ive been more tired and am having minor back pains. Me and my fiance have been trying to conceive for the last 2 months, is there a chance that i'm pregnant even though i had my period. Very confused and worried please help.

I too have a problem somewhat alike as your. i vomit everyday some yellow stuff in the morning. and if i dont vomit i gt a headache. but if i vomit i feel better without taking any medication. want to know what is happening

This morning I had a sore tummy, I went to school and felt sick my tummy hurt really bad harder than the morning I felt dizzy light headed and it was only twenty minutes into class I told my teacher I didn't feel good. She went to get the garbage can like she does to kids who feel sick before she got back to my desk I got sick. It was a lot of throw up it was yellow and liquid. There was chunks in it which I think where food I've eaten before school. I quickly leaned to the garbage can and puked more than stopped 10 seconds later I got sick again in the garbage can. I'm home now with a sore tummy. Should I be concernd I do have acid reflex but I don't know if that's why I through up. I may just have the flu but please reply. Thank yo

Hi, if your a girl; you might be beginning a period, your body needs the vitamins and minerals to help replace the blood loss, try having something to eat, or soup of fresh fruit juice :)

Hi, if your a girl; you might be beginning a period, your body needs the vitamins and minerals to help replace the blood loss, try having something to eat, or soup of fresh fruit juice :) hope it helps or if you are male, lack of energy can lead to feeling sick or faint, again, try eating something or fresh juice ( sorry, ignore the below ) something s eatingsomething ire having fresh

i've definately had this before. You have to get it out of your system. You can do this by either taking laxatives or vomitting it all out. Vomitting is going to hurt very badly and leave you weak, but afterwards you'll feel like some weight has been lifted out off your chest. Drink a lot of water, eat less fatty and sugary food and beverages. And trust me, you'll not have this problem for a very long time.

I have had this same problem ; it happens like once every week. it is worse if i drink alcohol, soda, juice, lemon, and too sugary foods. I throw up either green or yellow bitter substance.once it is all out , i feel better. this lasts for about two weeks and once i start getting a headache and heart burn, then it is time to go through the throwing up process. this has been going on for more than 12 years. avoiding the above mentioned foods tends to help. fresh milk  also tends to help me feel better.if anybody has any idea what this is , i  will really appreciate. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I also have had the same thing very dizzy in the mornings and headaches most days and vomiting bright orange liquid every morning which makes me feel a lot better after I've been sick then it passes and I feel a lot better it's the dizziness I can't stand and makes me feel like I'm going to faint with hot sweats if any one knows anything that could help .

Hi there I feel nausea vomiting diarrhea what is the sign is that

It's almost certainly bile, which is a stomach acid; people usually throw up bile when they have an infection or when their stomach is completely empty, means they can only bring up the stomach acid. I would definitely see a doctor if it happens every morning.