I've gotten to where I can't hold a dumbell in my hand when I do single calf raises because it weighs too much. Is there a better way to support the necessary weight and still be to balance myself on one foot?

I have used dumbells in each hand and did both legs at the same time. I put my feet on the support post for my bench which is about 2.25 inches high. I found it easier to do them that way than with trying to balance one at a time

I already do calf raises with two feet and I've topped out the weights that I own doing 3 sets of 15 reps. I'm looking to get that extra burn by doing single calf raises but can't hold enough weight in one hand to do it effectively.

Maybe you should get to work on your upper body then!

You could get a weight vest... Otherwise use a backpack to hold the weights. Maybe wrap them in a towel for your comfort.

:P:P:P
Running Brewer - The backpack sounds like a decent suggestion. I may try putting some of the weight in there instead.

:P:P:P
Is the backpack working out????

Is the backpack working out????
None of my kids will let me borrow their backpacks.

One thing you could try is point your toes differently for each set of raises.
This would have to be done with both feet at the same time instead of single raises.
Point them straight ahead.
Point them out - way out. Put your heels almost together.
Point them in - way in. Put your toes almost together.
Try a couple sets of those and tell us how it feels.