I'm 16 years old. I'm 172cm in height and about 114 pounds in weight. I've been doing weight- lifting and go swimming regularly for about a month. I eat a lot for about 5 times a day too. I also sleep for 8 hours a day. But i only see that i just get taller about 1 cm and still 114 pounds! I want to gain weight but it seems impossible for me! Does anyone know what my problem is? I want to gain weight so I can look fitter

It's very ironic that there are some people who almost do not eat because they want to shed off some weight. On the other hand, there are those who want to eat a lot because they want to have more bulk in their body. Isn't it amusing?

I have also had problems gaining weight in the past. Some of the things that I did to help myself gain include drinking lots of milk, about a half gallon a day, drink a protein complex shake everyday, write down your meal situation on paper; try to eat about 6 smaller meals a day, and make sure you start with a good breakfast. In the gym lift heavier weights for less reps, so instead of squatting for 3 sets of 5, do it for 3 sets of 3 and add on some more weight, it will help you get bigger by lifting more for less reps. Do less cardio such as running and swimming and do more work in the gym, cardio will help you loose weight and you want to gain.

Hope this helps.

Take more protein and more heavy weight exercises. I am pretty you will gain weight after some time. If you do not, send me a pm and i will see what i can do.

Yes this is true that some time weight can be gain naturally. Ask dietitian about this, You can try dietary supplements, this will help you. Natural dietary mineral supplement of colloidal silica can help you to put on weight. Dietitian will suggest you proper diet and dietary supplement. So follow him/her.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I think regular swimming and healthy diet will be helpful to gain weight.

Lessen your physical activity and increase food intake. Take appetite boosting vitamins.