Is it a benefical to wear weights on your back in a backpack while running or jogging?

I would certainly think so. As long as the extra weight is not excessive and you can comfortably carry it with out injuring yourself, the extra weight should be benificial.

Running with weights can be beneficial but it can also hurt proper form which slows you down and can cause injuries. If possible, I would opt for hill training instead.

Hello there,

I used to run with weights around my legs because I thought this was great for me and at that point it was. But later I started to feel how my ankles hurt more than usual and my personal trainer told me that this was the consequence of that. So now I am avoiding weights except when I am weight lifting.

As the poster above me already said instead of wearing extra weight in your backpack it would be much more beneficial to try hill training instead. This is great way to check your physical shape because everything is much more difficult. And watch out for your knees, if they are weak walk fast instead of running. I hope this was helpful.