I'm 53 years old. I hold a office job, so not much activity there. I am on a 1200 calorie diet by doctor's order which is suppose to help me drop some pounds. I have stuck with the diet religiously and I exercise every day either lifting weights, 30 lbs, 4 sets of 10 or aerobic exercise, like Tae Bo but not a single pound will budge. I'm eating as healthy as I know how. I try to work in a variety of healthy stuff and stay within the 1200 calories a day and I just can't lose anything.

Unfortunately hypothyroidism and weight gain seam as unbreakable combination. And many patients with hypothyroidism are experiencing this problem, and it is hard to control this. As you said you have lacked of physical activity, which you are now compensating. How long are you on this diet? How long are you doing exercises? It is not easy to lose weight; you have to work hard every day. Sometimes excessive dieting might not even do you good, because it can lower your metabolism. You have to know that women are more prone to weight gain then man with hypothyroidism. One good thing that you can do is to boost your metabolism as much as you can. Give your body enough energy to control your lymphatic system.  

Good luck

Try Dukan diet