Hello. I'm 36 year old female and I'm afraid that I've developed a serious health issue. You see, about four weeks ago I have developed a small white subcutaneous lump on my right hand. I didn’t know what it could be but I didn’t pay too much attention on it.
Problem is that the lump started to grow spontaneously and now it is a size of a nut.
I don’t know what to now and I'm too afraid to go and see a doctor. A friend has also told me that it could be some kind of tumor. All I know that it isn’t causing me any pain and that it is hard when I touch it. Can someone tell me what it could be?

Well, it could be very difficult to say anything for sure because there are many things that could cause you this lump.
I would definitely suggest you to contact your GP as soon as you can because, like your friend told you, one tumor called calcifying epithelioma could cause you that lump.
Although, they are considered benign and show malignant potential very rarely- surgical excision is recommended. Blocked sebaceous gland could also be the cause and in this case, also, surgical drainage is needed.
I hope I answered your question!

Hi Idaline,

It's strange but I've just had the same thing appear on the back of my left hand sort of on top of the bone leading to the finger next to my little finger. I didn't even notice it there yesterday. It doesn't hurt me either and it is about the size of half a pea. If you could let me know how you got on with your doctor at: _[removed]_ I'd really appreciate it. I'm not sure what to do either and it feels like I'd be wasting the doctors time visiting him.

Thanks,

John

Had similar thing. Was told by the doctor it is just a form of a cyst and touching it, hitting it on something, etc can actually make it bigger. I was prescribed a steroid that took it right away. It used to come and go, but once I took the steroid for like a week I have never had it reappear.