Hello, I am 25 year old female. I am very concerned about breast cancer. My aunt died two years ago of breast cancer. She was 47 then. I am much younger but still. I would also like to know if occasional breast pain and areola discoloration are signs for cancer? Is it too early for me to be worried about breast cancer?

I don’t think that it is two early. It is recommended that women between 20 and 39 perform self breast examination every 3 years, and after 40 every year. If you notice any change anytime during BSE physician should examine the breast. Some of the signs are certainly red discoloration of the skin, nipple or areola, also new lump or swelling in the breast or underarm, new dumpling of the skin, nipple or areola, breast pain, nipple retraction, or any kind of discharge from the nipple(other the breast milk during pregnancy of course).