Does nair cause skin discoloration? Like does it always cause it? I've heard using chemicals does. I'm using it on my face and in the spot I used it It kinda looks a little whiter then the rest. How long would it take to go away? Could it be because the hair is no longer there that's it's whiter?

The same thing happened to me and I'm wondering if my skin will go back to it normally color???

Also with me can someone help?

You did this a year ago did it ever go back to normal?

I used Nair the last time about 9 years ago. My skin has not gone back to normal. The discoloration is right on my upper lip and I look like I have a permanent mustache! Not having a mustache was the whole reason for using the Nair in the first place! I've used Ambi & some Clinique skin lightening product...I use it everyday & I think it helped parts of the discoloration but not all. AND, when I'm in the sun (even when wearing sunscreen), it gets darker! It's horrible! There should be a class action suit against them!

I used Nair as well and I'm dealing with upper lip discoloration. It has caused a lot of stress and depression and my self confidence is gone. My dermatologist says melasma, but I'm thinking it was from Nair. I'm using a bleaching cream which has helped a lot, but there is still a shadow. I'm hoping one day my skin will heal itself, but I don't know. I'm worried I'm doomed. I'm so sorry for all of those women out there who have to deal with this. Best of luck to everyone!!

The same thing happened to me and it's 12 months. Has yours gotten any better? If so, please share how. I am very self-conscious about this especially when standing in the sunlight or taking a photo :( I agree that there should be a class action suit so that we can all at least get some financial support that would enable us to seek professional help to fix the discoloration.

I used Nair ONCE on my sack..
..it turned purple and has been for about three years!
I’m not joking here.
My girlfriend commented on it two days ago and I told her the story and showed her the line of discoloration.
Freaking chemicals.

Yes I understand mine is dark as if I had a mustache

I used nair a lot when I was young, In the last five years I have developed white spots all over my lower legs and your arms where i used nair! I really believe it is related somehow and was looking for other people with the same issue. I wish I would’ve had the sense to realize if something makes your hair fall out it must not be healthy LOL

Me too!!!!!!!!!! I used Nair for some light hair over my upper lip and now the skin above my lip is darkened!!! It’s terrible!!! Had I known this would happen I never would have used this product!!! I wish there was a way to warn others!!!