My sister is going to have skin graft. She cut her leg, so they are going to take skin from elsewhere on her body and put where the injury is. She is not afraid…but I am. What problems may occur in this procedure? Does anyone know? Thank you.

She will get anesthesia so that can be risky, like she may have bad reaction on meds. Other problems that she might have with skin graft are infection, bleeding or even a loss of grafted skin. I have a friend who had skin graft. They took skin from her bottom. It is usually done like that. They use skin from places that are usually covered with clothes, like inner tight, buttocks, bottom etc.

Hello there short,

I wouldn’t be much concerned if I was you. If your sister has problems with reaction to the anesthesia they will keep her in the hospital a little bit longer than usually. Bad reaction to the anesthesia usually happens to the people who have bad stomach but this reaction is usually slight confusion and sleepiness. She will recover from this in a few hours.

Other than that after grafted skin she will need to follow the instructions given to her by the doctor to avoid complications such as infection and bleeding. You can help her with this and you will see that she will recover very fast from this. Stop stressing and happy thoughts only.