Hey there. My little niece Sarah, she is only ten years old, called me yesterday. She was so excited. She found a small cat in the rubbish and she took her. She was really weak. My sister does not like cats, but when Sarah started to cry, they decided to leave her in their home – for now. My sister told me that this cat is probably sick, and that she has some “stains” on her skin. I believe that she has some rash, and she was wondering how to prevent cat skin rash. I don’t have a cat, so I just can’t answer her on this question :/

First thing first. If they suspect that these “stains” are some sort of rash, they need to go to the vet so he/she can determine the cause of it. Anyway, vet visit is obligatory for every new pet. If it proves to be a rash, vet will advise them what the best treatment options are.

Meanwhile, they can soothe her skin with aloe vera products. It is an excellent remedy for rashes.

As for prevention of further rash occurrence, I can recommend hypoallergenic soaps and shampoos (made specifically for cats) followed with regular brushing and proper feeding. By proper feeding I mean balanced food plan without fillers.

Hope this helps!

Hello. There are several things that you can do to prevent a rash. Most important of all, if the rashes that your cat is getting are caused by allergies, you need to find out what your cat is allergic to. If it’s the food, you need to switch to hypoallergenic diet. That will prevent allergic reactions and therefore it will prevent rashes that could appear as a result of it.

And even if it’s not the food, you should still put your cat on a healthy diet. That will certainly help in preventing rashes.

And if the rash still appears, discourage your cat from licking it so it doesn’t spread.                                         

Hello

This is the best topic ever. I really think that prevention is something we need to talk about. I see people writing posts about curing and healing cat rashes all the time but posts about prevention are extremely rare. I don’t know why, I mean prevention is the most important thing when it comes to health.

There are a lot of different ways of preventing skin rash in cats. First of all, eating habits are very important for skin health. You must take care that your cat is eating just foods that are 100% natural.

Also, pay attention to the shampoos you’re using. They should not irritate your cat’s skin.

Hey there. She called me yesterday. She told me that those “stains” are much better, but she told me that this cat still has a rash. Her skin is irritated. She tried to contact her vet, but it looks like he is on the vacation, and she doesn’t know any other vet..She will try to find some of them tomorrow. Meanwhile, she was using aloe vera, because I told her to do this, but she told me that this rash is getting worse than few days ago. I really want to help her, but it seems to me that now, in this moment, I don’t know how. 

Hey. I am not sure that you can prevent it in this case. You are saying that those “stains” are gone, but this cat still has ugly rash, but very, very ugly rash. It is worse than before, right? In my opinion, this is really bad allergic reaction on something. In this case, you can’t prevent it, you can just take her to the vet and then, you can see what is the main cause of this rash. I think that this is something that she caught outside, and this can be cured with antibiotics. Tell her to wash this cat with oatmeal shampoo with chamomile extract. I think that this can be helpful. 

Hey, it can’t be that easy. I know, because I do have a cat, and I had cats like always :) Like others said, I am for natural remedies as well. I remember that I tried some antibiotics, but later, my cat had a lot of stomach issues after this. I am not saying that antibiotics are not good, but if you can’t avoid them, go for it. In your case, I am not sure can you avoid meds, but you can try. Melaleuca alternofolia is a shrub that can be distilled into an essential oil and it is usually promoted like the best solution when it comes about healthy skin in cats. Also, you can feed your cat with all natural diet. It is helpful as well. During this process, bath her with natural shampoo with aloe vera. I am sure that this cat will be just fine. 

I’ve been through this with my friends like a thousand times. 

They say that it is very important that the cat has a balanced and healthy diet. I agree. Healthy diet enhances immune system and therefore  your cat won’t be so prone to skin problems. 

I, on the other hand, also think that the main focus should definitely be on those products we use for cleaning our cats. They are often too strong and they end up irritating our cats’ skin. 

Their skin is very sensitive and maybe it wouldn’t be bad if we started using hypoallergenic shampoos as a rash prevention.