Hello guys. So, I had some face treatments and masks in some good cosmetic salon, and the worse thing happened - I got some really bad acne and general skin problems. Don't know what to do, I always had a skin like a baby and now I can't look myself in the mirror :( I am extremely sad about this, I am 25 years old and I don't want to have this. Is my skin dirty? Or this is some bad reaction to several products? What to do? Does Biotin Help treat Acne and Skin Problems? I have it because I was using it for hair problems, but... I don't know. I am scared and skeptical about this whole situation. 

You should not take biotin on your own, because you have heard that it is good for someone or something until you visit your dermatologist. Why? Because sometime biotin can produce more and more acne and cysts. So, some supplements, including biotin can CAUSE acne. I can't explain how this can happen from the expert's side, but I know that it is possible since my friend was suffering when she finds out that biotin made her face covered with acne. In my opinion, maybe you should try with vitamin B intake to see some progress when it comes to acne issues. 

I agree, even if biotin for hair growth is good for the hair growth, I agree that it can cause an acne for you. It is a pretty much-complicated issue to explain to a people, but biotin can cause acne if you already have enough biotin in your organism. So, you need to do some results in order to determine what type your skin is. I think that biotin can treat dry skin, but if you have a oily skin, that can be a problem. So, once again, my strong recommendation is to consult someone who is an expert, some dermatologist, to see what type your skin is. Don't worry, there are other supplements that you can use for your hair growth. 

Celebrity

Hello. 

It is for sure that biotin has a benefit on your skin. I am not so sure how this works when it comes to acne, but for sure you should check with your dermatologist before using it. 

It is important to know that a deficiency of vitamin B7 is usually manifested in the form of the dry and irritated skin as well.  That is why this vitamin is really important. But listen, only, ONLY if you know that you have a deficiency of his vitamin. Otherwise, you shouldn't use it on your own hand because it can cause more damage. 

For sure! My friend was using some of those biotin supplements in order to treat her acne and skin issues. So, I have decide to do this as well, since I had some acne issues and my skin was oily as well. So, it seems that I am not the only one. But it was my mistake, totally my mistake because I never consulted any doctor. And I should, because we can't set the diagnose alone, without any help. Especially if you have a problematic skin, that is one more reason why you shouldn't experiment. Sure, sometimes that "Experiment" can result in something good, but it is better not to play, right?

I was using biotin as well, but in the combination with some specialized creams and pills, since I had really, really problematic skin. I believed that this problem is never - ending and that I will have this ugly face forever. So, I have decide to visit a dermatologist just to talk to him, to see what is his solution and what he recommends in my case. After we did some tests, it turns out that I have a small deficiency of vitamin B so he told me that I can use biotin, but in very small amounts, small doses because it varies. Also, he prescribed some anti - acne cream You need to find your therapy.

Celebrity

Absolutely. No one's therapy is the same. 

You can use some multivitamins as well. Biotin is not harmful to use, and that is really good. But, there is no need for me to explain what we did already. Yes, if you have a deficiency of vitamin B in your organism, biotin will help you for sure, and it is going to help you soon. 

But imbalance of the vitamins in your body can cause problems in your case. That is why it is very important to consult your physician and dermatologist, they can find a good solution for your problematic skin.