For the past month and a half, I have had excessive white thick vaginal discharge. Its an excessive amount each day that I have to change my underwear two or three times a day. I know this is not normal! What is the cause of the excessive discharge? Could I treat it with over the counter medicines/cremes?

Ok, this happened to me too but I won't dwell on that...
Firstly, go to a GP and get a good diagnosis, STD is the best to do. This will confirm any horrible yukkies lurking in your body.
If it's white and heavy, most probably thrush. This would also make it itchy.
If you've had sex, protected or not, you could have contracted an STD like Chlamydia which causes this too.
Thrush would be like cottage cheesy type of discharge, like clumpy bits.
So get checked, and yes you can take tablets to stop it.

Good Luck

that is the same problem i have and im really scared too. i hate having to change my underwear so much.

I have this excessive vaginal mucus discharge 24/7 -it is clear & stringy--- Have had it for over 2 years now. I am 42, eat right & exercise & @ my ideal weight --- I have been to the Dr. many times about this. I have been tested for all STD's -- I am clear of any infections - @ first they kept saying it was all normal. Bullcrap -- This isnt normal. I can actually feel it coming out of me. I have to wear a pad all of the time because I don't know when it is going to happen. I have finally found a Dr that is looking into it, she has also tested me for infection & I am still clear. She also tested my hormones - all are good -- she is now going to check my uterus for fibroids/polyps. Just waiting for her call back -- I am so tired of this, I cant live this way anymore. I will keep you posted. I am glad I found this forum - was begining to feel like was the only one with this problem that they call normal --

I happened to stumble over this site and when I read your posting I identified with it 100%. I am 19 and I experiencing the same symptoms as you describe. I haven’t been to any doctors yet, I thought that it was normal or something since I've been experiencing this for as long as I can remember... I find it very irritating and uncomfortable. Do you have any new information from your doctors? Does anyone? Should I also go and see a doctor, or is this 'normal' in my age?

Oh my gosh I found this site because the same thing is happening to me. i can actually feel the globs soming out it feels similar to when you have your period and are wearing a pad.
The stuff doesn't smell, isn't discoloured and doesn't make me itch. It is normally clear with whitish stuff in it.

After I have sex there is heaps of this thick white creamy stuff (which isn't from my partner he wears condoms) everywhere, all over me and the sheets that comes from my vagina. I am only 23 and don't know what it is???

i am having the same problem except my boyfriend doesn't use condoms and uses the withdrawal method. we find a lot of thick, clumpy, white discharge all over. it doesn't make me itch and i've had this for almost a year and i want to get rid of it. it makes me feel self-conscious and uncomfortable. (shame to say it) but i'm only 16. my partner and i both want to know how to stop it and prevent it from happening again. i'm trying to avoid going to the doctors so that my mom doesn't find out about my sexual activities and was wondering if there is a treatment to this by just simply changing my lifestyle.

I am experiencing thick white, kind of sticky in a way, discharge. I do not have sex...my gyno checked the PH levels and said it was fine...to eat more cheese and dairy! Well, I don't really eat a lot of dairy but am not convinced that all vegans have this problem! What is it? It doesnt' smell, itch, or anything at all! It's just...there. Help.

women naturaly produce vaginal lubracint

i have this same problem. i used to have low/normal vaginal discharge but after i broke of with my bf and therefore no more sex; I don’t know what happened but I started producing a lot of vaginal discharge. It was a lot to the point that I can soak through my pants if I didn’t wear a pantyliner. I can vouch and say that I am not having yeast infection coz I had that and symptoms are different; or other bacterial infection coz I also had that before and its not the same as now. The discharge is normal; the only thing abnormal is it’s excessive. Is there a remedy for this? I’m so tired of using pantyliners anymore!

0HH MY G0D IAM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS ONLY THAT MY DISCHARGE IS BROWN BUT I DONT KNOW WHY THIS IS HAPPENING TO ME IAM ONLY 15 AND IAM NOT AT ALL SEXUALLY ACTIVE COULD SOME PLLEASE HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHATS WRONG WITH ME. I CAN FEEL IT COMING OUT OF ME AND I JUST HATE THAT FEELINGS.

i have this problem too. it was itchy some times but sometimes not. i had it for the past few weeks. im not having sex im 16. it is like stringy, clear/white, thick and happens every day. i wear liners so i dont have to change my undies every time. but i want to no how to make it go away. any ideas how to or what it is because im kinda freaked out.

I've been having discharge too!! Except mine came right after my period. And the previous period i had came too early!! Could i be pregnant?? The discharge is thick, but clear and i see it each time i wipe myself. Im only 17, is it normal for my age?? Well, i have a 1 year old girl. But is it normal??

ive been having sex with several men over the last few weeks and now my vagina has a very stong smell. it smells like something died inside me. does anyone know what this is ?

Hey,

Discharge is common with all girls/womens, depending on how excite they go while a Sexual course.

This is because the glands inside a woman's vagina and cervix make small amounts of fluid. This fluid flows out of the vagina each day, carrying out old cells that have lined the vagina. This is your body's way of keeping our vaginas healthy and clean. The discharge is usually clear or milky and doesn't smell bad.

The color and thickness of the discharge change with a woman's monthly cycle. The discharge is thicker when women ovulate (when one of her ovaries releases an egg), when a woman is breastfeeding or when a woman is sexually excited.

Changes that may signal a problem include an increase in the amount of discharge, a change in the color or smell of the discharge, and irritation, itchiness or burning in or around your vagina. This is called vaginitis. A discharge that's stained with blood when you're not having her period could also be a sign of a problem. Some other types of infections such as yeast infection, bacterial vaginosis and trichomoniasis can also cause discharge that is usually accompanied by odor such as beer/yeast/fish.

I hope I helped a bit....... :-)