I have some small, painless, bumps on the shaft of my penis and they do not hurt and do not itch or anything. I do masturbate frequently and one day I just happen to notice that there were some very small bumps on th shaft of my penis. Ive always had a few pimple like bumps on my penis for as long as I can remember. They can even be popped. But these new bumps are not the same thing. I haven't had sex in over a year and a half.

Can anyone give me some insight?

It’s very possible that you just have Fordyce spots, which are small, pimply-looking spots that many, many men have, especially on their penises and testicles.  They are totally harmless and are not known to cause any problems.  Good for you for keeping an eye out for penis health issues.  You can also keep an eye on your general penis health by using daily a respectable penis nutrient cream (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil).  A cream with vitamin A is beneficial in fighting penis odor as well.