My doctor says i shouldnt smoke cigs or weed untill a year after my scoliosis surgery. Ive read online on other websites that state patients shouldnt smoke for about 6 months. Does anyone know for sure how long? I feel that my doctor is just being really cautious. its been 6 months for me and i would really like to smoke some marijuana, does anyone know if this is safe or not.

your doctor is most likely saying this because he has a personal OPINION on the topic of smoking cannabis. Tobacco and marijuana are two completey different substances. Marijuana does not contain the chemicals such as nicotine that are the cause of altered healing after surgery. in fact there is reason to believe that marijuana ASSISTS the healing process in that its effect on the brain stimulates the release of such hormones that are essential in tissue reconstruction. I am not doctor or medical professional i admit (not yet at least) but people need to stop paralelling cigarettes with cannabis simply because they both are smoked. You wasted 6 months of your life without cheesin it for no reason my man. btw ive been researching this stuff for a while and ive never heard such an obsurd recomendation as 6 months to a year. This world needs to learn to look into things before giving advice. psh 6 months!