I have little bump, called mucocele, formed on my lip (inner side). It is there more than a month and I am not touching or biting or anything… It doesn’t hurt, but it is annoying as hell. Anyone with suggestions what I should do?

Hey there,
It is possible you get mucocele removed. I did this year and a half ago and then few days later new one started forming!!! I also got second one removed. Now it is gone, I have no more problems.

I wanted to add my experience as well to others. I have done a lot of research and concluded that it was mucocele that I had. Had it for 2 months. Tried everything, canker sore solutions, ambesol, salt water, kosher salt, ice, ...brushing teeth more often, flossing...it seemed to go down then back up. Until I came across a forum that told me to stay away from tartar control toothpastes and an ingredient that most all tooth pastes have called SLS sodium lauryl sulfite. Its actually an inactive ingredient in tooth pastes. Do your research in this.... Anyway I went to the drugstore and found what seems to be the only toothpaste that doesn't have SLS called Biotene. Let me tell you after using that I noticed immediate relief and improvement. I also purchased the biotene mouth wash. Its actually for dry mouth and since mucocele has to do with salivary gland issues it makes sense why this toothpaste works. I have to say now after a week of using this product it has gone away on its own....it started to drain on its own..I just kept my mouth clean through out the whole process. I also ate light foods....yogurts, soups....I now have my normal bottom lip back and can kiss my girlfriend passionately again. If you have this condition, I encourage you to use this toothpaste. I also drank a lot of water through out the day and flossed and brushed with the new toothpaste after every meal. I hope this will help someone out there that has been searching on this topic and how to get rid of it without surgery. I know it can be stressful. thank you!

Thank you so much for this amazing help! I just recently noticed my mucocele and have been frantically searching for natural remedies. I can't wait to try the toothpaste. However, do you think that Biotene will work for mucoceles on the floor of the mouth as well?

I realize this is an old post. But I would to share some information that may help others. I had a mucocele that came back twice. I did not try any of the invasive treatments such as removal. The doctor told me there is the possibility that one may lose feeling in the area with removals because nerves are often damaged. After doing some research, I thought it may be my toothpaste. I noticed the mucocele would appear when I would use a particular kind of toothpaste, Crest Pro-Health. I stopped using it and went back to the other Crest products (anything not Pro-Health). I started noticing that the mucocele was diminishing and it eventually was gone completely. It has not come back either. I really hopes this information can help someone else!!!

Pro-Health toothpaste feels nice in the mouth... but this sore appeared soon after using it. I smoke, so I am weary if it is a cancer of sort.... but will get off the Pro Health... and see what happens....