I have been experiencing sore at side of my left eye for the past few days, they feel like they are dry. I would appreciate if someone could tell me what is happening with me? Is it possible that I have some disease of the eyes? What should I do?

Your eyes may feel sore in the wind or any dry hot atmosphere. Contact lenses, or anything that reduces blinking can make 'dry eyes' more uncomfortable. Tears are made in a gland near the eyeball. They spread over the front of the eyeball, into tear ducts and then go down into the nose. 'Dry eyes' occur when there are not enough tears to keep your eyes lubricated. Also, they occur when the tears that are produced do not spread evenly across the eyes. If you are too worried and if you think that it might be something really serious, the smartest thing that you can do is to go to your doctor because sore and dry eyes are common problem in diabetes. Drugs used to treat diabetes and especially blood pressure cause sore dry eyes. This is unfortunately inevitable. However, it is not untreatable so the best solution is to use the lubrication treatment but first you need to visit your doctor.