I have a jelly like pink cyst on my eyeball could you tell me what causes this please, what can be done. Thank you

Hi:
There could be several answers, however, no one should give you the answer except an opthalmologist. I would see one immediately. Your causes may be different from someone else's and you wouldn't want to risk your eyesight by letting time lapse without a diagnosis and treatment. I hope you will seek this out soon. Good luck and please let us know what you find out.

Cyst on your eyeball can be very disturbing and it can distract you from doing your daily routines. Do you wear any contact lenses so you might have scratched your eye with it? Have you had any exposure to some chemicals or maybe you were out in a windy day? Sometimes the dust from wind can damage your eye, especially if the specs of dust are larger and sharp. I can’t really tell you what the best treatment for you is until you know what has caused the cyst. You should try to wash your eye several times a day and this cyst might disappear on its own. If it is permanent you should see a doctor.

I've been experiencing the same thing for two months. I do not wear contacts or anything else that would cause it. There are about 20 on each eyeball. My optometrist prescribed Maxitrol (prednisone eye drops) and Bromday for the eye pain. I went back today and they are still there but not as severe. Optometrist has no idea what is causing them and today put me on Padaday eye drops to try and keep them from getting bad again. He said its some sort of lymphatic problem because now I started having some other health problems. I am going to an immunologist in a few weeks hoping for some answers.

My ophthalmologist advised using a "hot, wet, washcloth" as hot as I can stand it, on my eye twice a day. Also, continue with the Blink gel tears (eye drops) 3 times daily. This helped and it went away. However, I discontinued the hot packs and it return a week later. Did not go to doctor this time, but used the hot packs again and it finally went away. So far so good. At no time was my vision bad, but when moving my eye as looking to the left or down, it hurt. Alternately, you can also use a small plastic container, such as an empty aspirin/Tylenol container, fill with water (leave the lid off until it's warmed), microwave for 30 seconds. Put lid on tight and place container against eyeball with eye closed , on/off for awhile (my cyst was in the left corner, so would put it there.