My mother had a hysterectomy over 6 months ago and is suffering with excruitiating pain in her sides - is this normal. She doesn't seem to be gettting anywhere with the doctors?

Hi. It is always normal to have some discomfort after a hysterectomy, however if it has been 6 months and the pain is unbearable I would suggest getting a second opinion by another Ob/Gyn. Better safe than sorry! What did your mom have removed during her hysterectomy? Was it just her uterus? cervix? ovaries?

Jeannine

hI i HAD A HYSTERECTOMY 4 MONTHS AGO AND HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. THIS IS NOT NORMAL REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOUR DOC SAYS. TIME TO SEE ANOTHER DOCTOR. I DID AND NOW THEY ARE RUNNING TESTS AND PROCEDURES AND HOPEFULLY THEY WILL GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT. IT HAS TAKEN MY QUALITY OF LIFE AWAY AND I AM MISERABLE. YOUR MOTHER KNOWS HER OWN BODY, SO IF SHE FEELS SOMETHING IS WRONG IT IT. GET A SECOND OPINION.

I had my total hyst on 12-05-08. They took out my uterus, cervix, ovaries and tubes. I also had a lot of samples, as they called it, taken as well. I am still having pain on my sides, where the ovaries should be. I was put on the patch, but found out the hard way, that I was allergic to the glue on them. The dr put me on prempro and I am on my 5th day. I was a early starter on my period (age 11), in my family. I was on every hormone study, medicine changes, and pills, patches, shots, etc that was and is on the market. I was diagnosed with Endometriosis and PCOS when I was 12. I have trudged through many miscarriages and pregnancies, just to end up having to have the inevitable.One dr to me that the pain I had was all in my head. But, when they took samples and pictures of all the laps that they had done, she had to apologize. I am 29 and I am unsure after all of the reading, research and asking friends about having a hyst. if it actually was the best choice. None of my family have had a hyst. I am just wondering, when shall the pain at least subside. Also, I am tired almost all the time, after having all of my reproductive organs taken out.