I am 42 yrs. old with knowledge of having a slight curvature of the spine since I was 12 yrs. old. I recently had a total abdominal hysterectomy and find that my right leg is shorter than my left. Could a hysterectomy cause my spine too shift? I am really in a lot of pain and I am having great difficuty walking and standing. Please help me, my doctors think I'm crazy.

I had a hysterectomy over 10 years ago and am still suffering some really odd symptoms since that time, including pain when walking and standing. I too have a scoliosis and know that the hysterectomy has made things worse. I have undergone many treatments to improve this such as osteopathy, Trager, physiotherapy and acupuncture and, whilst these treatments do help, the problem does not go away and I find everyday tasks really difficult such as bending, gardening, walking and exercise. I have adhesions post surgery also which does not help matters. It is so frustrating and I'm at the stage where I really don't know what to do as this is impinging on my life greatly - any suggestions?

I have nerve damage (diagnosed by emg) and muscular/skeletal damage as a result of hysterectomy. (Trochanter bursitis) MRI doesn't show any changes, but I have difficulty bending. It seems any bending--or worse, wearing pants with a waste band and bending--throws my back out and makes moving impossible. How are adhesions diagnosed? Is there any way to dissolve or remove adhesions? I'm in physical therapy and also starting to do yoga stretches to relieve pain...also sleeping on memory foam...and using heating pad.

thanks

I am so glad to here that i am not the only one that has this. I had my hysterectomy 1 year ago and I started having problems with my right leg the day after I came home from the hospital. I went to the doctor was checked for blood clots. Then after a few months I was sent to physical therapy. They Told me that one leg was shorter than the other then he Pulled on my right leg hard only to make it worse. I started seeing a chiropractor after that and that seemed to really help. She said it was because my pelvic was tilting. I haven't had to go in a while but I am starting to feel like I really need to now. It just doesn't seem fair that I will have to put up with this for the rest of my life. When I talked to my doc who did the hyst. she said she had never had this happen to anyone.

Hi I had a Total Abdominal Hysterectomy July 15th. I have been to more doctors than I 'd like to say. And too my surgen said she has never heard of this before. Balonie, I've been reserching this sence I've lost my work and active life. I'm going to find out why the nerve damage has happened. And my pain has been horrible also. I want my life back. Sounds like others do too. If anyone finds anything out that helps them I think they should contact this forum and let others know. This should'nt have happened to any of us. I hav'ent had any surgery sence the BIG one. hope not to. But somthing needs to help us. And somhow this needs to stop happening to patients. We all trusted our surgens. And they should be helping us out of this. If anyone wants to e-mail me and tell me there story. I may gather everyone and try to figure out what went wrong . And atleast in the middle of the night when the pains unbelievable. Maybe there is somone to talk to. This is'nt write what happen to us. Sue

I am so glad to here that I am not the only one that are having problems since a hysterectomy, Approxiamtley 10 year ago I had a hysterectomy due to abnormal bleeding and endometrios. I started having problems 6 year ago. Throughout the years they are progressively getting worst. The systoms include painful intercourse, back, hip and right leg pain. My doctors appears to think it all in my head. Please let me know your suggestions.

I am so relieved to know that I am not alone.  I had my hysterectomy three weeks ago.  The day after my surgery I lost the strength in both my hands.  I could not grip or hold anything.  At first I thought I was just weak from the surgery.  It is now three week later and I am still having the same problem.  It is worse when I lay down.   Doctors need to tell you everything thing that could go wrong when you are considering a hysterectomy.

I have had something similar but it seems to be tendonitis