I'm wondering if someone could advice me as to what might be going on. My girlfriend's period was due yesterday. Nothing happened. Today she said she had some spotting around 4 pm EST but nothing since then (so like 7 hours). I really can't remember even a slight incident of why she'd be pregnant, but obviously we're worried...she had been sick for a few weeks this month and had 2 different antibiotics. She was also really stressed out... and right now she's really worried, so i'm just trying to find answers for her. I know no one can know for sure until htere's a test. She says she has cramps similar to when her period starts and all...does anyone have any information on similar matters? Could have her illness caused this delay?

Also, she said she ovulated tuesday (17th), if that helps with anything...that was 2 days later than she expected that

Hi honey! Yes sickness AND antibiotics can cause delays! As can stress! Actually I would hazzard a guess that Stress IS the reason why she is late! If there is NO chance that she could be pregnant, you are in the clear! Tell her to relax and breathe and just forget about being pregnant, and the period WILL come on! When we REALLY want a pregnancy or NOT! Our brains can actually make symptoms of pregnancy happen - it's called "hysterical Pregnancy!" It's as though our brain has tricked itself into believing it IS pregnant! So don't worry OK? Good luck and health to you boht! And remember ALWAYS use protection!

Thanks for the info! I'm hesitant to say there's no chance, there's always that chance. But i can't think of an obvious moment that it could have happened. I've read a lot about this and any number of things can happen.

I know she'll be even more worried if this doesn't come tomorrow though

I must have been answsering you when you put the caveat about her late ovulation! So this would be TOTALLY the same with her period! It's just her cycle is a bit wonky this month that's all! Don't read too much, because I promise you, you will come out with a diagnosis of Chinese Pink Chicken Flu!!!!! ;-) XD XD She's be fine! And when you are sexually active there is ALWAYS a chance of pregnancy, it just all depends on how you plan and handle it before hand! So tell her not to worry OK?

To update, she said this morning that there was still nothing, but that the cramps she was having are gone...is this a sign of anything? Could this mean the period is coming?

Probably! It sounds like she is just off this month, and with her stress level AND yours being so high, she is just concentrating on it too much! honestly honey, just tell her to relax and it will come on!

I just want to go over your statement about that there being very little chance she is pregnant! Why is that? Have you had sex in the last month? And was it unprotected or protected, if protected WHAT with? I just want to rule this out for good OK?