Hi, my husband used steroids for couple of years when he was younger. Could it be the cause for his infertility? Is there anything he can do to increase his sperm level?

Hi, I am in the same situation as your husband. I was a body builder for a long time, and in one point, I started using steroids. I didn’t realize at that moment how damaging they really are, becasue I was too preoccupied with competitions and success. I never smoked or drank alcohol, but the steroids were enough to cause infertility. I am 39 years old now, and my sperm count is so low, the doctors told me not to expect much. Of course, my wife and I will continue trying, and if nothing works, we will adopt a child. I am doing everything in my power to reduce the damage and cure my infertility. I am exercising regularly and eating only the healthy food.