i had an abortion over 3 years ago, i have been trying for a baby and have yet to fall pregnant, does having an abortion affect falling pregnant? i have regular periods and had no complications after my abortion. i had the 'operation' abortion, does having this operation sometimes make you infertile?

I am a health care professional.

Having an abortion, or 2-3-4 abortions, will not affect your future fertility as long as you did not have complications.

There are only about 4-5 days a month that you can get pregnant, are you sure you are accurately determining when you are fertile?

You should buy a testing kit so you will know. An "Ovulation predictor kit".

Have you husbands SPERM COUNT TESTED.

Most fertility problems are actually due to the man, but no one thinks to test the man first.

It is easiest and cheapest to test a mans sperm.

Good luck

i didnt have complications but after i ad the abortion it came up that i had clamidia, i got tablets for it and it is clear now but i dont know how long i had it before hand and now im scared tat it as made me infertile, could tis be the case?

thank you for your help

Chlamydia *can* cause infertility issues, BUT you would have had to also have another EXTREME infection with it in order to have the damage associated with infertility.

MOST likely culprit is your mans sperm count, or you are not having sex when you ovulate.

I would say do a sperm count, just for starters, it is cheap to do.

From what I have read from other women that had abortions and from my own experience abortion does not afect fertility. Since you have regular periods I'm positive you are not infertile. And also you don't seem to complain about any issues with your reproductive organs.
I really do think that women don't track their ovulation correctly. For you it shoud be easier to track since you have regular periods. If your partern is fertile also you shouldn't have a problem getting pregnant. Make sure you know when you ovulate which is 14 days before your next period. An ovulation kit can will defenetly let you know. But if you get your period at exactly the same amount of days every time you don't even need a kit. Lets say you get your period at exactly 30 days every single time you would ovulate at 16 days counting from your last period., which is 14 days before your next one. Have sex 2 and 1 day before to make sure sperm is still viable. Sperm can live longer in your body but some just live for 2 days.