My husband and I have been trying for a baby for a total of five years now, including one early miscarriage. We are now thinking of IVF or another medical method, but first of all, I would like to try herbal methods if there are any reliable ones available. Can herbology help with persistent infertility problems?

I am sorry about your fertility issues. Herbology, though? Is that even a word? Did you get tested to find out what is the matter, and whether the fertility problem lies with you or you husband? I think that would be the first place to start, frankly. It is possible you can boost your husband's sperm count for instance, or if the problem is that you are not ovulating there is something you can do about that as well. But if you are not sure what exactly is going on with you, there is not much you can do to change it!