My husband smoked marijuana very regularly over about a 10 year period. He hasn't smoked it at all for the last 3 years - do you think it could have anything to do with me not falling pregnant? (i have been fully checked out and nothing wrong and trying to conceive for 16 months now)

well yeah it lowers the sperm count.

lists the most common myths about marijuana and I quote them directly by saying; "Fact: There is no evidence that marijuana causes infertility in men or women." You can view the link here and get some more common myths out of the way.

Concerns should be addressed elsewhere such as, lack of exercise, poor sleep cycles and diet/alcohol consumption. Hope this helps out, and eliminates at least one possible infertility option. :)

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

@theycallmehydro: There's also no evidence that it DOES NOT cause infertility in men and women. Grow a brain stem.

The effects of Marijuana are temporary and so would not affect his sperm quality 3 years down the line. There isnt alot of medical research done into this though.