Well, where to start...I'm a male, I was told last year I was overweight by my doctor to where I began a diet regimen which later, resulted in me losing 50 pounds, the diet was based on only diet TV dinners and medium exercise (Walking, weights, I'm a heavy gamer.) While on this diet, I started experiencing very bad stomach pains that was also in my back, kind of an abdominal thing, basically when I get into these "zones" that happen off and on, usually after eating something at nighttime and after a bowel movement, I usually only got them from not eating the TV dinners..but now that I've been off that diet for over a year now, I stopped getting those pains...around the time I was ending that diet though, is when I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid and I was on the road for hoshimoto's disease....now they don't seem to happen very often, or at all...but I recently got one and it's been hurting since this weekend and is still pretty sensitive to the touch..when I push in on my stomach. I'm curious as to if this is a common problem with people that have underactive thyroids or hoshimoto's and if it's something my thyroid doctor should understand? I'm thinking it's my medicine losing strength, as they are usually having to increase my dose.

Other info:
I'm a male, age 15 and take Synthroid(100MG) for my underactive thyroid.

You didn't say if this pain is located in your upper stomach, or on one side more than other? This really sounds like it might be unrelated to the thyroid condition (but you still should mention it to your doctor), but rather more related to one of the possible problems with your digestive system. On the first glance this sounds like a gallbladder related problem, but it also can be caused by higher levels of stomach acid. Both of these conditions are triggered by eating heavy, fatty or fried food and tend to worsen at night, so I really think you should get checked for these digestive problems, too.

Well, I'm here to tell you...you were right on the gallbladder thing ;). It has been a week since I got my surgery, I had multiple stones throughout my bile ducts and some in my gallbladder, they were getting stuck from being too big so I had to get the gallbladder taken out and the tube down my throat to get rid of those stuck ones. I suspected it was my gallbladder but since it actually came into play by someone else, I pretty much had to go get it checked out.

Thanks! I'm so happy and I really hope this changes my life for the better.