For a few months now every once in a while (about once every two weeks or so) I have been waking up with a terrible pain in the top of my stomach and it also is in my back, I have a hard lump feeling in my stomach (Not when I touch but when I move I can feel like theres a lump in there) I have tried sleeping sitting up (because I was told it could be heartburn) I even tried taking different antacid meds - Anyone know what it could be?! I was told maybe Ulcers, My dr is no help- She said it may be my galblatter and when she sent away the blood work she came back with some wacky answer about taking more thyroid meds to help with depression (????) Please help! thanks

does anyone know what could be the problem here and what the cure could be? my boyfriend just got exactly the same thing a few minutes ago and I'm really worried, the internet isn't really helping much.. someone please help! thanks! GOD bless!!

Hi, you said its a pain on your right side just under your breast and sometimes in your back. It sounds to me like it may be your gallbladder. I am now 38 weeks along and it started sometime the beginning of march 08 for me. It started with alot of nausea and diahrrea which are normal pregnancy symptoms, but not for me cause I was 20 some weeks already. I wasnt sure as to what was causing it at first so I went in to my dr. thinking maybe it was my appendix, they did an ultrasound and found a few small stones in my gallbladder. Over the next few days I started having some of the same pains you seem to be having it would kinda start just under my rib cage on the right side and at times radiate around to my back and I also had some pain in my right shoulder so I went back to the doc and he put me on an all liquid diet for 24 hrs and some milk of magnesia. This didnt seem to work for me so they scheduled for me to have surgery on march 9, 08. Thank god I was able to have it so soon after my pains started and am so glad that i went through with it cause I dont think I would have been able to put up with the pain any longer. This is just my experience and what I think may be the problem if I was you I would check into it possibly being your gallbladder and Good Luck.