I have hypothyroidism, and am treated for this.  I have tried every form of diet under the sun - I cannot even lose one pound.  Will Dr Bernstein's method work when a person has this sluggish metabolic condition? 

I have an underactive thyroid couldn't lose weight no matter what I did and I eat healthy plus work out. I have done the HCG diet with the hormone in it (not the one from walmart) lost 98 lbs so far!

Yes it works if you have hypothyroidism I have had this condition for 22 years and had difficulty loosing weight till I joined Dr. Burnstein. I have lost 20 pounds in 4 weeks being on the program.

I have the same condition and I also lost weight using the Dr. B diet, HOWEVER, do not expect this rapid weight loss to be permanent. You are losing muscle mass, (which is not the right weight to be losing), and there is no way that it can be sustained. You will not be able to keep yourself on such a low calorie regiment indefinitely. Trust me.. Ive done Dr. B more than once in my foolishness, and yes, I did lose some weight up front, but in the long run, what I really lost was quite a bit of money. Never again!! Diet and exercise is the only way to lose weight safely, even though its so easy to be tempted by these 'quick' fix methods.

thanks for your info.....i see where many of dr b's places have closed shops..... tis expensive like $1500 or so.....right you are, no quick fixes..... diet and exercise.... The TV ads state.... not alllll about exercise BUT what a person puts into the mouth that is the problem, so to be conscious about all calories is the way to go.