Hi, I’ve been suffering from panic attacks for several months. First, I had only fast heart beating and sweating, and now I have major chills in my body. Is it normal for panic attacks, or do I have some unordinary symptoms?

Hi, my brother has panic attacks for many years, and he always had chills as symptoms of this condition. I guess it is normal, because he would know if it wasn’t. He goes to cognitive-behavioral therapy, which helpes him understand what are these panic attacks and what is their nature. This is a psychotherapy, and he also has a medication-therapy. He uses a drug that his doctor prescribed him, I think it is valium. He also used ativan, and it didn’t help him much with the chills and the other symptoms of panic attacks as much as valium. My brother’s major problem is to confront people. He can’t go to the store and wait in the line without getting chills and fast heart beeting. I hope both of you will find a way to cure this condition once and for all.