I'm currently in the 8th grade. This WHOLE PROBLEM started last year, in the 7th grade (which is before lunch) and my butt would make these LOUD GROWLING NOISES. At first, the problem was only in 4th period, but then it started spreading to my other classes. I asked my friend about it, and she said I should eat a heavier breakfast. It actually helped back THEN in the 7th grade. I was lucky to escape 7th grade alive. Now I'm in the 8th grade and it's worse. My butt growls CONSTANTLY, but I discovered that if I make a bowl movement twice a day, it doesn't really bother me. But doing that is IMPOSSIBLE with my body because I'm usually constipated every day, but I drink a lot of water now, so it sorta helps. There are days when it STILL doesn't help, so then I wind up faking that I'm sick or I fake miss the bus or ask to go home early. Because of that, it's REALLY starting to take a toll on my grades. I can't focus in class anymore without thinking my butt or something might growl. I honestly don't know what to do anymore, I'm always so sad, afraid, embarrassed. I just want to give up. I'll be going to the doctor next week to consult them about this problem and I PRAY that they understand and actually CARE. Just to clarify, this is not a hunger problem. I'm COMPLETELY SERIOUS RIGHT NOW AND DO NOT WANT ANY JOKES. Thanks for all the posts in advanced. Feel free to consult me ABOUT THIS PROBLEM :-D

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I have the same thing have had it for years now and still can not find why this happens. I hope you find an answer for it when you go to the doctors. Best of luck.

Thank you. Hope we both find out the solution to this problem! And I hope the doctors actually care...

When I say you're not alone with this problem, I truly mean it. I have been suffering with it for 2 years now and I still am. Nobody understands how hard it is to deal with and it is a constant, everyday struggle for me and it really gets me down. I literally was at my wits end with constantly going to the doctors and getting pointless tablets and "advice"... none of them actually cared about me so I decieded to see a private homeopathy doctor who specialises in stomach issues. He helped me out so much as he knew it wasnt just petty and stupid excuses. He prescribed me natural medicine that would boost my energy levels and he encouraged me to get a BLOOD ALLERGY TEST. This would tell me what I was definatley allergic/intolerant to, so I paid to get one. Turns out I was allergic to A LOT of things, which included: Yeast, wheat, cocoa beans, cows milk, eggs, tuna, nuts, peanuts, tomatoes, peppers, shellfish, lentils...MOST OF WHICH I WAS EATING!!! I havent been on this intolerance diet long... so I am still currently suffering with my usual problems. I am trying to remain optimistic as I know things will take time (as much as I am down and fed up with these problems). Some advice I would like to give you from a fellow sufferer:
-Get up extra early and drink a cup of hot, boiled water - This will help get rid of excess gas (make you pass gas alot) and may help move your bowels (go the toilet before you go)
-I know not everyone can get the access or afford it, but I really recommend a Blood Allergy test to get accurate answers on food intolerances
-Try pro biotics - I use capsule form which I feel benefit me the most. I go to Holland and Barret (in the UK)
-A big tip of mine is to really reduce your intake of bread, caffine and chocolate. Bread is a big part that makes you feel sluggish and bloated!!
-Try goats milk, eating more rice, more potatoes etc. They are easier to digest
-Most of all... DON'T GIVE UP!!! I am a sufferer and I encourage you to stick at your education and think of your future. Don't let a stupid stomach ruin your life, no matter how hard it gets. I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!

I know exactly how you feel. For me It started last year for me after I ate pizza almost every day and it was the cheese that caused it and I found I am lactose intolerant. The noises get wprse with stress which is bad for me since I am naturally a very stressed out person. I am 18 and about to go to uni and I dread the thought that ill have to deal with this problem as it will be embarrassing and I probably wont be able to make any friends.i am also a really good student but my grades were horrible last year due to this problem. Ive read many forums and theyve said that that it gets worse. Lately ive been getting depressed and thinking id rather not live at all instead of living with this problem :(

I'm sorry to hear that!!! I have to say, I don't believe them when they say it gets worse... surprisingly, it's actually getting somewhat better for me!! (Not trying to brag) just try to exercise, eat healthier, and drink lots of water!! I mean, this thing still bothers me, but not as badly... And don't starve yourself!!! Anytime you feel hungry, feed yourself with a REAL MEAL that will satisfy you!! That's really helping me!! Don't give up because there's people who care and love you... Who knows?!? You might even be the most important person in the world one day!!! Once again, don't give up love x.

me. TOO! In uni and just the other day my tummy was making growling noises in an exam. This has caused me to spend less time with a group of friends who I am certain are aware of it. I confide in my bf but of course he can't completely comprehend how much it sucks. Mine started in Dec last year. I hate that it will sometimes sound like we are farting but we're not T.T our bodies are just going haywire on their own and we don't have control.. Sometimes I am able to joke about it with friends and just pass it off as being hungry but other times it feels like the world freezes for a second and I'm paranoid like, 'oh god did they hear that?' and they're silent too for a second so I assume they did. BUT I FEEL YOU! Feel you all!

Poor diet choices, stress, being hungry or overeating all tend to aggravate mine.

SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS!!! Like, I'm starting my exams tomorrow and I'm more nervous about the GROWLING more than the TEST ITSELF. But, whatever.. it's getting better, and I hope yours is too. Besides, if your friends treat you weirdly about the problem then they weren't really friends at all!!! ~WE WILL CONQUER THIS DUMB STRUGGLE~

Hi! Im really wanna know how are u now.I have this problem for 3 weeks, but its like hell..I cant go to damn silent school and it really ruins my life

Hi guys! I had this PROBLEM for 3 weeks and I cant tell how much nervous and tired it made me, but there are some advice that halps a lot: 1.dont eat after 7-8. 2.before you'll be in the silent place, make sure u went to the toilet 3.dont eat gmo products and fat food and dont chew gums!4. use Festal/mezym. It's a must have.5.drink peppermint tea, it absorbs gases 6 dont wear too tight jeans at the top . I hope these tips will help you, and just in case english isn't my native if smth is wrong)Don't worry! Be happy and best of luck for you!

I have same problem from last 6 years. I know it sucks but don't be depressed because no one is going to remember.

Hiii lalila. I'm in the 9th grade now and I have to say, I'm progressively getting better. The growling isn't nearly as bad as it used to be. All I've done is eaten "small but frequent" meals and have a bowel movement before I leave for school. Compared to last year, I'm more experienced with my body; what foods that work and don't, etc. I'd suggest you'd be more cautious with what you intake (choose high fiber, protein foods rather than junk food) and try to have more frequent bowel movements. Don't give up lalila x.

Marya, I have to say that your tips are very effective. I've used most of these tips in my life and they've helped to tame this growing beast!!! Good luck mate x.

Thank you for the encouragement! But may I ask, has the symptoms improved for you within the last six years? If so, what were the steps taken to prevent this problem. I'm sorry if it seems like I'm interrogating you, I just want to get as much information as possible to finally eradicate this from my life, once and for all!!! Cheers x.

I may also add the tips for 90 percent silence !Silense in butt: (funny but works on me for at least 5 hours, trust me): just squeeze your anus and a bit of butt too for 30min -1 hour and it may be freaking hard at beginning but works on me as the rule.I noticed that my butt growls when its relaxed. As for the bottom of stomach- thats where it gets harder : I dont drink before school. I drink as much as I can at night and nothing in the morning when eat, same at school ( I have hunger growls too) highly possible that I cant swallow because of saliva lack so I take a few drows just to swallow.That is a torture , temptation to drink is like hell but thats the rule : drink-growl, do not- silence. People may notice that i dont drink but f**k them i will not explain , im already abnormal!Dunno , maybe I could drink hour before food in the morning and then eat.. but that means to wake early, bluh..So thats it .Then I come home and drink and eat whatever and how much I want. feels like its curse , no pain but so awkward not averyone will even understand so talk about only with family, they not that simpathetic tired of listening or dont even bother.. freaking hard tips at start but the feeling of silent lesson and you sitting like a normal, cool person- f*****g awesome! Not a single growl during school) I dont drink any peels now, theyre useless except for smth anti gas. But I hope someday we'll find a cure!