Hi

For some time, I suffer from abdoman pain, cramps and stomach ache after eating. I feel full after eating; my belly/stomach is full of gas and, in fact, I do start passing lot of gas. A burning or gnawing feeling in the stomach area is also there. A few years ago, I had a chance to meet an Indian hakim (ayurvedic doctor) who pointing at my thin hairline and almost no eyebrows and eyelashes said to me' You seem to be suffering from a liver problem.' Some people say I may be suffering from stomach ulceration and insist that I should go for a medical examination such as tests, ultrasonography and even endoscopy, etc. Others assert that cramps and stomach ache after eating in not a serious disease but it is a common problem in people and that some home remedies can help to get rid of it.What should I actually do? Kindly tell me. Also, I should inform you that I'm suffering from elopecia areata for the past eight years and for this am taking homeopathy medicine regularly. Jameel

It sounds like you do have some problems digesting foods.

First, see a doctor to make sure nothing is serious.

If everything checks out okay, I suggest you take three supplements to help your digestion. The first are digestive enzymes. These will help you digest your food properly. These can be found at a health food store. Make sure they contain protease, amylase, lipase and cellulase. The second are probiotics. These are beneficial bacteria that are housed in the gut. They are essential for proper digestion. These can also be found at a health food store. I suggest you take them first thing in the morning with a large glass of water, 30 minutes before your first meal. Take the maximum amount suggested. Also, after you have finished one or two bottles, switch to a different kind to make sure you're getting different strains of bacteria. Third, get some liquid bitters, also at a health food store. These stimulate digestion and eliminate the likelihood that you'll have gas after your meals. Take the recommended dose 5-10 minutes before your meals.