Is it normal for my stomach to be noticeably bigger after eating? In the morning after a regular day, my stomach is about 26 inches around. After a big dinner, it can be as large as 32. This has been a problem that's taking over my life because I become so embarassed after going out to eat in public that I'll either not go or eat as little as possible. Even after drinking water my stomach will expand. I don't think this happens to many other people and was just wondering if there's an explanation or remedy for it?

Thanks!

i was online searching answers to the same problem you have and i came upon this site

flat-stomach-exercises.com/stomach-bloating.html

and it mentions IBS, iritable bowel syndrome. it talks bloating and how to differentiate bloating from a flabby stomach that just needs exercise. I read through some of the symptoms and i believe thats the culprit to my problem. Its no wonder my ab exercises don't work. i hope this helps you.

I too have the same problem but from this site can't figure out what it is. I do not have pain, but my stomach expands excessively (4-5 inches) after eating even moderately sized meals. If anyone finds out information what causes this or how to fix this bloating, please respond.

I have the same problem. I'm pretty sure you just have to drink more water, so your body gets flushed out with all of the toxins. It could also be that there is too much sodium in the body. Drinking a lot of water will make your stomach look bigger at first, but if you make it a habit, you're stomach will look fine.

This could be a sign of different things. It could mean you have a digestive problem, it could mean that you are combining foods that shouldn't be as the mix causes a gas or bloating effect. It could also mean you have food sensitivities. Personally I have experienced this symptom and I found that it was food allergies. I am working together with a naturopathic doctor who has helped me get back on track to healthy eating and getting my health back. I had a long list of medical problems and bloating was one of them. It turns out I needed to eliminate dairy and wheat from my diet. It really worked. I also incorporated a cleansing program called colonix by drnatura and that helped get my system in tip top shape. I now eat fruit on an empty stomach and don't combine it with other foods as that will cause gas like bloating as well. So, you can see that your symptoms could be anything at this point. Go get it checked out. You will be happy you did. I would definately recommend seeking advice from naturopath. He really helped me find the answers that works for me. Good luck - keep us posted on your progress.

My sisters and I have that same problem. Yours situation could be different, but you may just have a fast metabolism like we do. Things like that are genetic I believe, so do a little family research and see if someone else in your family has these symptoms, too.

Well Guys stop worrying:)) I have extensively looked into my case and from Chinese medicine to other test found that there was nothing serious wrong with us. In my case a naturopath told me that the reason I get heartburn or bloat like a balloon, is not because I have too much acid in my stomach it is all because I do not have enough acid in my stomach and my digestive enzymes are not produced enough due to natural aging process, so I take digestive enzyme and betaine to act as HCL and problem solved. :-)) check it out with your naturopath and find the amount of betaine ( HCL ) needed in yr case and find the right digestive enzymes. Keep healthy with exercise and enjoy .

Get tested for H. Pylori. It is a Stomach Infection. It is usually never diagnosed cuz the Dr. won't test for it unless u specifically ask to be tested. My SIL had it for a few years without knowing. She gained alot of weight, after she ate it looked and felt like she was 8 months pregnant, her stomach was hard so it wasn't just flab.... At times she would be real constipated and other times she would have diareah. SHe would get alot of stomach cramps. Well, my other SIL works in a clinic and told her to take the test and turns out it was. They give you an antibiotic for it cuz it is an actual infection in your body. Actually I have a Dr. appt in 2 weeks and that is one of the reasons so that I can get tested... I have been feeling like that for awhile now too and it is just getting worse. I notice it happens alot when I drink Milk.. and it turns out Milk has a natural bacteria which will cuz the puffy stomach. One of my co-workers also lost Alot of weight within the last few months.. he told me he had a Stomach infection and he is on meds. I was too embarrased to ask him if it was the H. Pylori infection. GL.

I always look like I am 8 months PG. Hard as a rock. There are times, though it seems to go down a bit and I can pull in the tummy. Yeah!. I had to buy my tops 2 sizes larger just to accomodate my swollen upper abdomen. I was tested for H-Pylori 4 years ago and it was postive. I had the scope done and also a pill with a camera. The meds were horrible and then I had to go to Quest Labs and have some test to see if it was gone. They said it was but I do not think so. I saw an Endocrinologist for another problem and she noted the big tummy. Her comment was, "You have *^&%&^ Bowel disease. (forgot what she called it) I forgot to mention that I had H-Pylori in the past. She recommended who she thought was one of the best Gastro in Houston but he is not in network. (hubby's compnay switched plans in January to save $$$) Sound familar? This doctor will work with out of network patients and I think I will call him tomorrow and get in. I also have had Giardia in the past. So tired of looking like this. Wish you all better days ahead.

I have the same problem! My stomach is a size 24 when I wake up in the morning. As soon as I eat, even if it is a banana, my stomach looks like I am 3 months pregnant. It expands to about 30 inches. After about 4 hours, it goes down a little, but by then, I am hungry, and there it goes. I don't know what it could be. It really has taken over my life--I think about it al the time. I don't go places because of the way my stomach looks after eating. I avoid eating so I don't have to look like that. I am going to ask my doctor about getting tested for H. Pyolri. That may be my answer. Any other suggestions? I have been taking laxatives to help my constipation, and have been taking Gas X to relieve the gas pain. But, the huge stomach is still there!

Check out Celiac disease. You may have a gluten Intolerance.

I have the same problem. But i only eat dinner and my normal inches around my stomach is 32 when I'm done its about 40inches! Idk why my stomach gets so large. When I'm done eating my shirts won't fit right and my pants won't buckle up. But I my belly has always been huge and flabby. Like my hips and butt.

When I was in schooling days, I used to undo my pants buttons to give space for my stomach while having meals. I did this while going to restaurants too. I never took this seriously and no one observed me as well. But now a days I hardly do this. Though, sometimes I loosen my belt's hook. While taking food, stomach expands a little, which is normal but expanding without limit is surely a concern. The acid content in the stomach may be matter of concern for this as suggested here. I would like to know the exact reason for this.

Guys thanks, I'm 41 in shape go to the gym 3-5 days a week and still when I eat, there goes my belly. I look 8 months pg ( which isn't sexy for a guy). I thought i was alone.

Hi. I'm doing a science fair project on whether your stomach expands for a few hours (less or more) after you eat. I am in need of resources and information, as I do not have too many people to test it on. I would love it if you wrote back and told me your results

Thanks!