Hi, I recently started having really bad stomach cramps brought on by pretty much nothing! (Well which isn't that unusual, I was diagnosed with IBS a few years back)
Anyways, I'll wake up in the middle of the night or in the morning with them, last night and today was/is bad.
Today I passed a VERY firm stool that was bright orange.
I am NOT taking any vitamins or supplements, nor am I eating very many orange foods. (actually none at all)

Has anyone else had this problem? What could it be??
I really don't want to go to the docs unless I know it could be something more serious.

Thank you

8-| Caught a stomach bug in Feb 09/ a year ago. It was so bad I would have to drive my kid to school with a barf bag. I am older, 55 but very young hearted. Pretty okay, until I got this bug. I had that orange poop, dry heaves, diarhea, low grade fever, and my upper legs ached, Plus anxious on top of it. The weird thing was I couldn't eat, but was feeling hungry too. Felt like low blood sugar. I went to the doctor twice. She just said it was the flu.
The problem is, is it messes with your lining. So you have to fight your way back. My brother had this too. It makes you feel like your losing your mind. I wake up in the middle of the early morning, with my stomach swirling It was just like when i was pregnant. BUT IM NOT POST MENOPAUSAL. This is what helps peppermint oils capsules
a good probiotic
ENZEMES sp. a good one. The Bentyl didnt help, just made me tired. My brother swears by ginger tea. It has messed me up, but these have helped. I have anxiety attacks along with it, so I take a small dose of klonopin, that helps calm down the nervousness. PEPPERMINT helps, so keep some with you.
I believe I was diagnosised with IBS but they say that when they are not sure sometimes. Later in the day is better. Walking helps very much so. So make yourself walk.

It is stupid. Because it came out of know where. I feel it is air bourne, like a chemical feeling. Anyway hope it helps. hey ya

Did you get better? My wife is having similar problems. Blood and urine tests are negative. Any conclusive diagnosis?

I had orange stool for a little over a month after having a stomach virus that hit 2 other household members. It was pretty scary but thank God it finally is returning to normal. I could barely hold my bowels and would suddenly have to go and have small bowel movements. Eating greenery seems to have kind of kicked it out...