I had my gallbladder taken out 1 and half year ago and just had my first stomach flu since and wondering if my body would deal with this sickness differently now because my body deals with acids and bile differently.My husband and son threw up a lot and I did not,I had lots of diarrhea with bile in it and now it is lime green diarrhea. Does this have anything to do with me not having a gallbladder?

I know I'm replying heavenly late to that post but as far as I'm concerned, since I've had my gallbladder removed (I was 11, I'm now 26), I've thrown up twice and it was during a stomach flu episode.  I do get nauseous sometimes but I rarely ever throw up.  Side effects from gallbladder removal that I've noticed are the following.

Digestion problems
Weight loss or weight gain!
Diarrhea or Bile-ish stools
Hyper-digestion (digesting way fast, minutes after starting to eat, you might have to go to the toilet)
Slow digestion episodes
Nausea (usually after meals during a slow digestion episode)

There are more but I suppose it's different for everyone.

Yes! I just left the doc after an 8 day stint if nonstop explosive diarrhea and he did say that people without gallbladders definitely can have much longer episodes because the digestive track is adjusting and rebuilding already...the extra bile production just adds onto that. He recommended probiotics and a medication called cholestyramine...a powder used to control bile production.

I've had the worse stomach flu ever. I got my gallbladder out two years ago.

Any remedies you would suggest? I just had my gall bladder removed on valentines day and this is my first flu bout and noticing it is take much longer to turn the digestive system around. Been 4 days of bad :(

I just had my gallbladder removed 2 weeks ago and caught stomach flu and have been nauseous and diarhea. I haven't had much to eat. Please help. Everyone else in my family was over it in 24 hours. It's been 3 days.