Hi there..I'm 27 years old and every morning i wake up with a flat stomach...no matter what i eat..my stomach expands..immediatley..By the time i go to bed...I honestly no word of a lie..look 5 months pregnant. It's getting really depressing..I have been reading different articles and everytime i go to the doctors office she wants to give me meds to take before i eat..I really don't want to be on pills if i'm not sure what i have..Please give me some advice!

hi mine is the same dont no what it is but used to be a sz 8 to 10 just over 12mths ago and now im a 12/14 and look pregnant if i were t/shirts regards maggy

Hey there, I am not sure if any of this will help as I don't know the full details of your situation but I would like to give you a few possible tips. 1) Do you eat a lot of sodium? Sodium will make you retain water and swell, especially in your stomach. Cut out the sodium (note there is A LOT of sodium in diet soda too, keep that in mind). 2) any carbonated beverages will also make you swell, almost a gassy feeling. 3) Chewing gum, this will pump lots of air into your stomach making it swell, cut back on the gum. 4) breathing from your diaphram. Lots of folks that did choir in shcool do this out of habit, again this will pump air into your tummy. 5) Drinking from a straw... more air. 6) Alcohol, this could do it, alcohol is very hard to metabolize and takes twice the time, could be soakign in your belly a while. If you eat and drink healthily that will help it go away. You may have a flat stomach in the AM but if you eat a lot of food your stomach will swell significantly... perhaps you are eating too much food? Even if you aren't overweight you could be stretching your tummy with food and beverage. Hope this helps... I have the same issue, so I can relate!

You said your doctor recommended pills before you ate? Do you know which ones?