After eating foods such as pasta, cakes, etc, my stomach swells out.
also at a young age i refused to eat chicken due to my mouth swelling up and how my chest would always go tight within half hour of eating it, i recently picked up on the fact my lips swell up when i eat eggs (however when in cakes or other foods it doesnt make my lips swell) as i said above my stomach just swells out making me look like im about 6months pregnant.
Ive been to my doctor, due to the swelling being uncomfy and going down within an hour which isnt always pleasant, who prescribed me fibogel, however its not doing much difference.
I feel sick in the mornings and after every meal and the only foods that seem to be alright are like, Potatoes - fruit and rice.

Any idea if this could be a food intolerance and what could be causing it?

xx

if i had to guess I would say you are allergic to the hormones in chickens and probably whatever they put in the flour. Have you tried using organic.

What you have said describes what is happening to me almost exactly. And no doctor can figure it out...yet I wake up with a stomach ache and am often plagued with "baby alex" as my friends have so lovingly named my belly when it swells. Its extremely uncomfortable not to mention extremely painful.

Have you found any relief??

do you think it could possibly be some type of worms? it kind of sounds like the symptoms :/

I use to go through the same thing. I started writing down what I ate and discovered it was pasta, bread, and cake. Since I have been gluten free I do not get sick after eating. It is hard sometimes to follow but it's worth it. I eat more fresh foods and very little processed food. Going out to eat is harder but Mexican food and Thai food are your best bet. Getting a doctor to figure it out is hard and expensive. Try it by deduction - dairy is another possible factor.

As long as you have had a good clinical work up and all things sinister have been ruled out (gastroenterologist, gyno) I would suggest you see a certified naturalpath. even if you have been tested for celiacs and it was negative, you can still have a gluten sensativity. Intollerance and damage to your intestines and stomach may take time to build up and repair no matter what you are sensitive to- fooling you when you are feeling well that its ok to eat this stuff. I have had Nausea with eating off and on for a number of years now. Its more off than on, but right now I have been sick for weeks. Waiting for appt with gastro doc (3 to 6) months to get in to double check things, but cutting out glutens, wheats and if any sensativity to eggs, i would suggest you cut out everything with eggs in it - . Reactions to foods can take up to 36 hours to manifest, so you might think that cake isnt bother you. Again, investigate all modern medicine avenues and work with naturalpath. If the docs say all is well, you have to be patient with the naturalpath. Cleaning out a sick stomach and gut can take a few months.hope this helps.