Hi. I'm 23 year old female and just recently I started to suffer from some strange abdominal problems I have never had before.
I have been having stomach aches for the last 2 weeks and they are occurring almost every time after eating.
Occasionally during the day I get hunger like pains in my mid abdomen.
Recently though I’ve noticed that my appetite has decreased, and I feel hungry, but don't feel like eating, or have any cravings for foods, like I used to. This started to worry me and, before I decide to talk with some doctor, I would like to hear what could it be and did anyone have similar problem?

Hi. I would really like to help but it could be very difficult because there are many things that could cause you symptoms you’ve described. This is why it is important for you to get this checked out by a doctor. If I understood you correctly- the pain gets worse after eating. If the pain is high up in your abdomen and occurs after meals, antacids may provide some relief, especially if you feel heartburn or indigestion.
Avoid citrus, high-fat foods, fried or greasy foods, tomato products, caffeine, alcohol, and carbonated beverages.
There are several others much more serious problems that could cause these symptoms such as cancer of the colon, stomach, or pancreas.
Call your health provider!

I am also 23 and have the same issues. I am a polyaddict AKA addicted to any and everything. Most of my addictions have a solution thru the 12 steps, however the one I can't seem to top is anorexia..this is where ur headed from what u've said. its the binge eating that hurts so much :-(

i am 21 yrs old and had stomach cramps that would come on suddenly so i would be doubled up on the floor in the shop.
i went to hospital and they did ultrasound and was no probs?
help someone ??

I am having the same problems as you are. I am 21 and this has been going on for over a year now. I have had an endoscopy, an ultrasound, and CT scan of my whole abdomen. I have been on three different antacids and nothing has helped and they have been able to find nothing wrong with me. My stomach feels fine until I get super hungry and start to have hunger pains, and then I force myself to eat something, but then afterwords I usually feel slightly to very nauseous, and often have diarrhea. I also used to LOVE to eat and would have all kinds of food cravings, but now I only eat because I have to and sometimes... I still don't eat. : (

hii, im thirteen & have also been recently getting pains & cramps in the stomach after eating for the past week or so. & this occurs almost every single day. & i havent been as hungry as usual. i could skip two meals without being hungry. & i dont even eat all my food anymore & im not battleing with anorexia either because i get hungry & eat. today i fell on the floor because it hurt so bad. should i go to a doctor & have it checked out or what?

Well to the 13 yr old, if you continue to get to the place where you eat less and less you'll become anorexic, I know, I've been there. I started having all these horrible pains and then I went to the doctor, they discovered I have fibriods but my pains have slowly moved to the upper portion of my stomach. I also started from these pains when i had a horrible kidney infection and they thought I had damaged other organs but thankfully had not. If you're doctors are telling you nothing is wrong but you are still having horrible pains to where you are doubled over, I'm sorry but something is wrong and try a different doctor/hospital til something is done.

One thing you guys shold ask your doctor about is Chrons disease. I have the same symptoms as on here, It's been a year and I have under gone tons of test, no problems. But Chrons disease is common but not always easy to find, so this is a possible cause.

I am 25 and started experiencing the same symptoms when I was 24 and moved to Atlanta. I realized I was allergic to wheat and my old diet had not included much while my new diet had wheat in abundance.

i dont get it if you have a stomach ache and the doctor doesnt know? that really mean a pretty much diesease. I had one and the doctor couldnt find out so i drank Noni a kind of jiuce that helpes you whith your body and it taste bad but soon you start hurting and then lose the pain and your stomach might not hurt anymore pluse if it doesnt work then try staying home and start eating. Alot.
I thought about it if you hurt your stomach and eat when your hungry you throw up. But try thinking if you eat before getting hungry and keep on eating then your stomach could hold it. You dont have to listen to me but its an advice.

OH MY GOSH. i have been having the same thing go on with me. okay.. its been happening for about a week now. and its happening in my mid/upper stomach. about everytime i eat, it hurts. PLEASE message me. did it get better? have you seen the doc. yet?

OMG!!! AM 25.. and experienceing your EXAAAAAAACT symptoms!!! the super hungry...nauseous...dairrhea??!!! i have hem all..

Ever figure out what was wrong?

I have had hight up and mid tummy ache since new years eve day, I haven't been able to keep food down only soup and i get tummy ache which puts me to bed no matter what I eat, even soup, I have lost one and a half stone in weight and I have no energy, I'd rather not eat than feel how i do when I do eat. This came on very suddenly, I had breakfast then within an hour or two I was in pain.

I am under a consultant at the Nuffield Hospital and they have done blood tests, stool tests, they have scanned my tummy and now they want to put a camera down to see if there is anything obvious, but they say it is probably a bad case of food poisoning although nothing showed up on my tests, now its caused a sensitive bowl/tummy and it should get better in its own time, only it isn't, it has actually got worse so I am seeing the consultant again this evening, now I have a bit of blood in my stool which is like water. It is so painful and I can't work with it, thankfully I work for myself, but my social life is nothing at the moment, my husband and friends have gone skiing and I just couldn't go because I need to be near a loo and I dare not eat or drink anything, so pointless in going myself.

The thing is no one seems to know what is going on at all and its trial and error, all I know is I want my life back to normal and to be pain free!

If blood studies have been done find out if they ran a TSH, Free T-3 and FreeT-4, could be hyperthyroidism, it is for me. Good luck finding an answer.

I started getting the exact same symptoms that most of you described. You feel a bit bad after eating, stomach cramps that suddenly came and I wouldn't be able to stand. I was about 23 at the time and it drove me mad!! It got so bad that I would constantly feel a bit off colour. I went to a number of doctors and had a number of (rather expensive) tests done. Finally it turned out I had IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). Some people have a very bad and others barely feel it. It means exactly what the name suggests - your bowel gets irritated by some foods, if you are stressed or for basically anything.

Unfortunately it can't be cured, but you should just look at what foods you are sensitive to. Also, take care to eat A LOT of Live Yogurt, or take a Pro-Biotic with every meal. Also, drink enough water (not sodas, or coffee - pure still water). It's not life threatening, but it can be a bit of a hassle. At the moment I eat about a liter of Yogurt a day - a small cup first thing in the morning, just after I get up, and then a yogurt drink with every meal. It basically sorted the symptoms out completely. The doctor also said that since the symptoms like Nausia and Diarhoeia aren't associated with a virus or food poisoning that you should "let out", you can take something for it right away, and that usually settles it immediately.