I have from IBS for a number of years and have normal bloods and all my other examinations were within normal limits. However when i eat now i experience severe swelling in my tummy and upper abdomen area and the doctors dont seem to be able to find a solution.

Did you ever find out what's going on? Sounds like possible allergies.

I have that too, eating the same as always, even when I don't get full, I swell up like a baloon and experience puking but no pain, just can't eat a meal without swelling and puking. I do have some fibroid cysts, my blood is fine, a slightly low thyroid, 40 and 40lbs overweight, not enough recreational activity, NO sex drive at all, after I eat anything I look like I'm pregnant. I did the colon cleanse, just a light organic one and it did nothing for me. What's up with this?AGE? Lifestyle? IT SUCKS

I have had the same problem that you are having with the swelling for no reason after I eat. It almost looks like there is air or water in my stomach. No doctor can figure out whats wrong with me..its the most frustrating thing! How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

I am 21 and when i eat or drink anything (no food allergies- and the type of food- vegetables, dairy, meat, what have you all do this) my abdomen swells up and I look like i am about 4 months pregnant. I am 105 lbs. and this happens even after drinking a half glass of water. It is very painful because I routinely pull muscles from the stretch and it has been happening consistently for at least 3 years now. The doctors could find nothing else wrong with me and so they said I have IBS. Many of us doubt this since I have no other symptoms of IBS and it has been happening for a solid 3 years... any ideas or help?

My sister had the same problem. She tried probiotics and digestive enzymes and it worked for her. It took a couple months though. Perhaps yeast was the problem? Yeast can disrupt the normal flora of the digestive tract and cause lots of problems.

my friend's mother also having the same problem: whenever she just drinks small glass of water then stomach gets swelling and lot of pain....and its same as wat u hav mentioned...so could you please tel me wats that IBS means and wats the medicine to use...because doctors are saying..its nothing found..like that...

so please help in this matter..
thanks

you have mentioned the same problem what my mother is facing, we went to lot of hospitals and met lot and lot of doctors but they are saying that she is mormal, so please let me know if u find any way to get clear this problem.

it would be very much helpfull for me and my family.

Thanks in advance.

132 different types of parasites and worms can survive (and thrive!) in the human body. Most do so inside your colon and small intestine. Doing a colon cleanse, intestinal cleanse and parasite cleanse and detox is one of the most important natural steps you can take.

I too am having stomach swelling with anything I eat or drink. But to top it off I get cold sweats and chills then sever cramping and pain then I either go 3 days of no bowel movement or extreme exploding diarehia. On top of that vomiting. I have been given something to stop the vomiting and pain relievers laxatives probiotics fiber and been drinking aloe Vera and nothing works ulta sounds didn't show much but cat scan showed lower intestines swollen and that I was backed up. Tomorrow o have another appointedment hopefully will know more

Im the SAME exact way!!! ive been this way since i was 11 yrs old and i am now 20. they told me i had crohns so for 9 yrs i believed that and now my doc is saying no its not Crohn's disease at all. its so frustrating. i cannot eat any solid food. only liquids or in minutes i look pregnant and my abdomen makes the loudest wierdest noises. so embarressing i have to not eat for at least 3 days for my abdomen to "deflate" . i cant have a normal life unless i do not eat but what am i suppose to do after a couple weeks when im just starving and lost so much wieght?? no doctor seems to take this seriously and its taking over my life if anyone ever finds outg what it is plz post it here asap!!! thanks

I am 43 and I have been diagonsed with diverticulitous. so, that was 4 months ago... Now, everytime I eat and drink, I look like I am pregnant. No weight change. Went back to the Dr. last week. He said that it could be my pancreus ( not spelled right ). so know I have asked for test.... I hurt right at my rib cage after i get blotted. I can't stand this.... I am getting down to it...

I am 45 and have been diagnosed with IBS in my 20's and diverticulosis in my 30's. It's very frustrating and painful. At this particular time, my stomach has been swollen (about 8-9 months pregnant looking) for over a week now. I can never go to the bathroom without laxatives. It's different this time because it has stayed swollen and I have had some severe cramping. The doctor gave me an antibiotic and antispasm medicine and neither one are working. I have had so many test over the years. It interferes with life. I pretty much am at home all the time especially lately. Its hard to walk with this swollen abdomen because it hurts. Until this last week or so, I would start off alright in the morning, take my dog for a walk, clean house, workout, and then my stomach swells but then sometimes it would go back down, not lately. I am getting very upset about it. Please help.

Eating virtually any meal results in an extreme bloating within 10 to 15 minutes along with quite severe abdominal pain. This takes many hours to reduce and the size is alarming, equivalent to 6 months pregnant and similarly positioned. Diagnosis from hospital and doctors over last 3 years have produced no treatment suggestions and now have been left with the problem to deal with. I am normally a size 12 and can provide picture of my bloated condition. I dont know where to go next any suggestions would be helpful.  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

What everyone has described here has happened/does happen to me. The periods of most calm is when I severely tailor what I eat. I am suffering an attack of abdominal distention and pain right now - after drinking Lactaid milk, warmed, with something like Ovaltine added (called Frescavena, sold in hispanic stores).  I have decided (from all the reading and research and testing on myself) that my body doesn't like many sugars (I cannot digest fructose at all).  I've been using the FODMAPS for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and it has helped me to avoid certain foods.  I am in no way overweight - in fact, I lose weight faster than I can gain it - and so limiting my food choices has been both a blessing and a curse, as I cannot gain weight.  I do eat more meats and vegetables (watch the vegetables if you do have IBS, as some trigger the distention and pain and ickiness et al!) Seriously, the best course of action is visit an IBS site then talk to a nutritionist or dietitian.  I find doctors don't know c**p about your body and it is useless to ask them for help.  Keep a food diary. It really is all about what you eat. Oh, and eat yogurt EVERY DAY. No lie, it improves totally the way you digest many things, and having stuck to a yogurt-a-day regime helped flatten my belly and avoid most of the IBS problems.