I have this strange rash in my elbow pit. I may have contracted something from the gym... Recently, I visited a doctor. He didn't know what it was, but guessed it was a fungus. He recommended Lotrimin cream. This didn't help at all. I've also tried over the counter cortisone cream and benadryl cream. Neither did anything. The rash looks like a bunch of little dots and is red. Some people ask me if I do drugs because of all the dots being in the elbow pit. It's very embarrassing...

Any help would be great. I'd link a picture, but I don't know how to do that.

i have had a similar problem i think and the way i got rid of it was by taking vitamin tablets.
i think it was some sort of vitamin difficency but i don't no which one?

I get this from time to time too. If you are like me, it isnt a big deal. I used to get it on my wrist too when I had a velcro band for my field watch (I am a Marine). I think it is from sweat/"dirt", etc. One thing that worked for me, I say again, it worked for ME, was to swab the insides of my elbows with alcohol preps. Youd be surprised how much "dirt" is in the fine lines of your elbows. I do that right before I jump in the shower and rinse the affected areas. It helps to calm the rash after swabbing it. At first, it is going to look like the rash got worse, but after about an hour it is back to normal (normal rashy appearance). When it is dry, put a thin coat of Neosporin on it. If you do this at night, by morning the rash will be nearly gone. Mine are usually about the size of a quarter when I get them. If yours are larger, it might take longer for them to go away. Regardless, I never repeat the alcohol swabbing/Neosporin treatment. Once is all it takes. Within two days, completely gone. Hope this helps.

i have had a very similar issue for several years. Using gold bond anti-itch powder dries out the rash and prevents itching which could worsen the rash.

I am a neosporin believer, but it's not working..and it's on both my elbow pits...Gonna try something hydrocortisone...