I'm a 16 year old and I have been having some strange symptoms that I've found to sync up with a tape worm infection. Last week in school, I had random but severe upper abdominal pain seemingly out of nowhere. It lasted for about half an hour before I went to the nurse and got sent home. By that time it had been about 45 minutes to an hour of stomach pain that came in waves. I felt nausea as well, and had no urge to use the bathroom. After sleeping it off for about two and a half hours, I felt fine. Last night, however, I found one sesame seed-like thing in my stool. I looked it up, regrettably, and found that it is likely a tapeworm egg. As someone with anxiety disorder and extreme insectaphobia,  this freaked me out big time. And now that same pain is back, just as severe as last time. Any suggestions on what this is, to do, or how to fix this???

Hey there I compleatly understand your  anxiety....  Fortunately tapeworms are not the easiest to get depending on your lifestyle and where you live. Where are you from? Without seeing what the white segment looks like it's hard to say . However when tapeworms grow their end segments break off... They are not eggs as the eggs are microscopic but they are pieces of the worm..... Was the thing moving at all? What foods were you eating for about the last 3 days before you noticed the segment?

I am caucasian, I live on the northern east coast of America, and I haven't travelled recently. I've been eating a lot of spicy foods recently, such as Indian cuisine. The other day I had a slice of pizza. The segment was not moving.

I thought I had a tapeworm when I was about that age lol but that stemmed from being overly knowledgeable and working in a vet clinic.... Chances are it is not a worm. Are you around livestock or have you eaten undercooked pork or fish? It is probably a piece of I digested food. Onions greatly resemble worms at times. If you are really concerned you can go to the doctors they can order a stool test to look for parasite eggs.

Thank you, you've definitely eased my mind. Being as I've had no other symptoms since this last incident, I think you may be right with that undigested food hunch. Thanks again.

You're very welcome. Let me know if you have anymore questions or concerns