I am 29year old, gay, and male. My partner is HIV+. We had oral sex and the few days after I developed a sore throat. I treated myself and test was positive for strep. I am on penicillin. The thing that worries me is a red rash I developed on my chest which I believe to be psoriasis. Is this connected with strep infection? I would like to know has strep throat ever been reported as a symptom of AVS.

Strep throat is caused by bacterium, streptococcus. It is transmitted by coming into contact the mucous, nose or throat, of infected person. Anytime you have unprotected sex with HIV+ whether it is anal or oral infections is possible, so having an infection in your throat while performing oral sex can increase the risk of HIV transmission. I think that the risk is low now, but you have to be careful and check soon what is going on. Be concentrate on the new symptoms.