Hello! I need to know is strep throat contagious. I have strep throat infection in fact it is about to go away for its symptoms had already started reducing for I started some antibiotic treatment two days ago and am suppose to go visit my friend tonight but am afraid if this strep throat is contagious for she has two little kids and I wouldn’t like to make them seek for this.

Strep throat is very contagious but not after 48 hours after antibiotic treatment has been started so I advice you stay at home just one day more and so you won't be a threat for your friend's kids. It is more likely you have had some bacterial throat infection for you are taking antibiotics and those sort of strep infections are easily to spread so basically are very contagious and could cause some more severe complications such as joint paint and muscle weakness but also ear infections or rheumatic fever so it is for sure that at this stage your strep throat is contagious within at least next 24 hours.